I didn't get to the game but like those who stayed away, had a more than adequate view from the comfort of the sofa. To see Fulham players from front to back pass the ball effortlessly between themselves, and then watch as City -to a man- seem incapable of making just one pass of note, highlighted just how our squad has deteriorated and degraded the last 3 seasons.

But for me, the comparison of our own 'rising star' Kadeem Harris, and Fulham's 16yr old Sessegnon, summed up the differences. Harris has been here FOUR years, played 33 games for us, and yet even his greatest admirers will admit he isn't really up to Championship standard. Sessegnon is lightening quick, has excellent close control, and is only 16 yet looks a great prospect.

My point is not so much that we should have a Sessegnon in our side - player like him are rare - but that at any time in our recent history - certainly since 2002 - Kadeem Harris would have been moved on a long time ago. That his entrance onto the pitch as a substitute is met with relative excitement just shows how starved us fans have been of real footballing talent.