+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have the baby boomers stole the family silver?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Have the baby boomers stole the family silver?

I thought this was quite surprising -

Prof Sir John Hills of the London School of Economics found that baby boomers were, on average, net beneficiaries of the welfare state - they will get more in benefits than they have paid in tax.

There's no denying oldies have done very well this century thanks to property price inflation and State Pension safeguards since 2008, though have lost out to artificially low interest rates on cash savings. This young v. old thing is a blind though to deflect from where the real blame lies - the filthy, greedy bankers and their equally criminal political chums.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There's no denying oldies have done very well this century thanks to property price inflation and State Pension safeguards since 2008, though have lost out to artificially low interest rates on cash savings. This young v. old thing is a blind though to deflect from where the real blame lies - the filthy, greedy bankers and their equally criminal political chums.
    I think it is related to the lack of respect we hear so much about form the "youths" of today.

Probably because my fathers parents were coming out of the back end of one of the wars. The wise elders always did what was correct and they knew what was the right thing to do. Caning kids for not listening to older people

The age of social media has seen the youngsters see older people being actually exposed for their crimes, poor actions or benefits they've had from their era's.

It has divided us further when it is all circumstance. I've been on more holidays than some older generations ever will already. And I wouldn't be able to a price on that sort of thing.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 13-01-17 at 09:31.