+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have the baby boomers stole the family silver?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Have the baby boomers stole the family silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    I dont think they are. They are saying that generation have lived off the back of future generations by spending taxes that wont be collected for 20 years so sit as debt. They live in their homes worth 10x the average wage. They get several holidays a year. And soon they will want us to pay for their care.

Spent our taxes before we were born. Keeping all the money whilst we are alive. Spending all their inheritance on themselves. And expect our money to care for them in the final years of their lives. Thats stealing the family silver. Taken the previous generations money and the post generations money to live your lives.
    wow, angry young man, going through tho whole care issue atm and don't expect anyone to pay for my partners care, whats the max, about £23000 hardly stealing **** all

Re: Have the baby boomers stole the family silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    wow, angry young man, going through tho whole care issue atm and don't expect anyone to pay for my partners care, whats the max, about £23000 hardly stealing **** all
    Care is a weird one to criticise as it is inevitable we'll all need it.

I have a limited knowledge of pensions but I don't understand how people can complain that old people have had it bad. As when I get old I imagine there will be no such thing as a state pension for people in the private sector.

The pension system is by far the biggest liability to the UK's budget isn't it?.

So we've seen decades of overbloating the system, for them to realise it is no longer feasible. So they have forced private firms to create schemes where they match their employees contribution.

Punish the young, as per.