+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City save seven figures with Immers

City save seven figures with Immers

Warnock claims this in his press conference, almost hints Immers ripped up his contract to move closer to home. If so, fair play to Lex, I can't imagine many players would do that.

Also, Warnock says we didn't pay anywhere near £2m for him.

Manga to possibly stay as well, I can't see him signing a new deal but maybe the club aren't fielding any offers.

Re: City save seven figures with Immers

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Warnock claims this in his press conference, almost hints Immers ripped up his contract to move closer to home. If so, fair play to Lex, I can't imagine many players would do that.

Also, Warnock says we didn't pay anywhere near £2m for him.

Manga to possibly stay as well, I can't see him signing a new deal but maybe the club aren't fielding any offers.
    I would have taken a guess that it would have been a deal favouring the club over the player, the deal happened too quickly with the club also not looking to move the player on. If you look at the other players released we desperately try to offload them for a couple of transfer windows before we bight the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I would have taken a guess that it would have been a deal favouring the club over the player, the deal happened too quickly with the club also not looking to move the player on. If you look at the other players released we desperately try to offload them for a couple of transfer windows before we bight the bullet.
    Sounds right to me - it seems that, far from paying £2 million for Immers, we may not have paid a transfer fee for him at all. This piece from yesterday

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/c...mmers-12432373

includes the following

"According to the Bluebirds hierarchy, Immers actually arrived on a free transfer from Feyenoord, so they didn't feel duty bound to recoup any fee paid to the Dutch club."

It may not have worked out in the end for Immers here, but, given how he played last season, if it's true we got him for nothing, then it has to be seen as good work by the much derided (including by myself) transfer committee.

This will ruin Chepstow's day ...

Fair play to Immers if he ripped it up. The fact that he had another club so quickly would suggest he had been looking to move quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    This will ruin Chepstow's day ...

Fair play to Immers if he ripped it up. The fact that he had another club so quickly would suggest he had been looking to move quickly.
    All this unfortunate episode demonstrates is how little pre transfer investigative work is being done at our club. One minutes he signs the next minute hes wants out. Do you really think that kind of individual would have been signed under MM when he was restructuring our club.... I dont think so somehow. Nor any of the other numpties tan choo and delhman signed in aug either..... All of whom we either havent used or dont want now..... And that includes the appointed manager and all his staff. However why should we be surprised just look how many Ceo and other underlings have come and gone under tan. MM checked players out their backgrounds the track records etc signing gunna turner taylor cowie etc and i should remind you we pissed the league within two seasons aswell as a cup final and a play place

In chepstow's world, the clouds never have a silver lining.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    All this unfortunate episode demonstrates is how little pre transfer investigative work is being done at our club. One minutes he signs the next minute hes wants out. Do you really think that kind of individual would have been signed under MM when he was restructuring our club.... I dont think so somehow. Nor any of the other numpties tan choo and delhman signed in aug either..... All of whom we either havent used or dont want now..... And that includes the appointed manager and all his staff. However why should we be surprised just look how many Ceo and other underlings have come and gone under tan. MM checked players out their backgrounds the track records etc signing gunna turner taylor cowie etc and i should remind you we pissed the league within two seasons aswell as a cup final and a play place
    And then we got Ole in........

Did Malky's famous dossiers really include information on players' partners pregnancies? That (apart from a catastrophic loss of form) seems to be the main reason for Immers wanting to move on.

If so the 'investigative work' he and Moody put in should be celebrated even more. The 'gold standard' for transfer dossiers!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Did Malky's famous dossiers really include information on players' partners pregnancies? That (apart from a catastrophic loss of form) seems to be the main reason for Immers wanting to move on.

If so the 'investigative work' he and Moody put in should be celebrated even more. The 'gold standard' for transfer dossiers!
    Give me MM all day long mate. At least he had a plan on who he wanted and stuck with it. Even NW has alreadt got rid of two or Three he bought in just a couple of months ffs. We are beyond help at the moment its like a never ending revolving door. Name me another side in all four divs who bought in as many players as us in aug who now dont want any of them. Ffs we sold both our goalies in 7 days and left ourselves without one on a match day and now the two weve bought in we dont want anymore...... Its farcical the way the club is being run at the mo and as i said in aug we will end up with 3 managers this season if were not careful ??

Give me MM all day long mate. At least he had a plan on who he wanted and stuck with it. Even NW has alreadt got rid of two or Three he bought in just a couple of months ffs. We are beyond help at the moment its like a never ending revolving door. Name me another side in all four divs who bought in as many players as us in aug who now dont want any of them. Ffs we sold both our goalies in 7 days and left ourselves without one on a match day and now the two weve bought in we dont want anymore...... Its farcical the way the club is being run at the mo and as i said in aug we will end up with 3 managers this season if were not careful ??

Did Malky's famous dossiers really include information on players' partners pregnancies? That (apart from a catastrophic loss of form) seems to be the main reason for Immers wanting to move on. If so the 'investigative work' he and Moody put in should be celebrated even more. The 'gold standard' for transfer dossiers!
    You may sneer at Malky's transfer scrutinies but we had a thread about Payet's antics at West Ham. No way would he have passed MM's slide rule investigation. Surely that is the responsible way to conduct a club's transfer policy.

Well its lot tougher now for Warnock as all the cash has gone, spent by MM and OGS , love to see them operating now with FFP and all the constraints that brings with players movement in or out .

Warnock's task as was Slade's was/is far tougher than the free flowing cash era of Malky , who in my view was partly responsible for the mess we are in , so no thanks , I don't fancy the MM plan , as he didn't seem to plan well once we were up in the Premiership .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well its lot tougher now for Warnock as all the cash has gone, spent by MM and OGS , love to see them operating now with FFP and all the constraints that brings with players movement in or out .

Warnock's task as was Slade's was/is far tougher than the free flowing cash era of Malky , who in my view was partly responsible for the mess we are in , so no thanks , I don't fancy the MM plan , as he didn't seem to plan well once we were up in the Premiership .
    Malky didn't have any plans for the premiership. Us getting to the premier league was about a freak season as Leicester winning it.
    The way we ended that season was dreadful but lucky that the teams around us didn't take advantage..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Malky didn't have any plans for the premiership. Us getting to the premier league was about a freak season as Leicester winning it.
    The way we ended that season was dreadful but lucky that the teams around us didn't take advantage..
    You are talking complete rubbish. I am not condoning the mistakes made in the summer we entered the prem.
    But MM stewrdship in the championship will stand up against any scrutiny and makes the current position look even more shocking. We didnt take advatage of other clubs at all the season is 46 games and during that time we kept 19 clean sheets. Thats not luck it good management and game planning. Incidentally ...... What did we do with the two centre backs and full backs who starred in that team...... We gave them all away including our club captain!
    MM did not spend fortunes at all in the championship in fact in real terms prob no more than now. Gunna taylor cowie mason kenny helguson etc were no real money and turner was only £750k. Compare those players to wots going on now????

You are talking complete rubbish. I am not condoning the mistakes made in the summer we entered the prem.
    But MM stewrdship in the championship will stand up against any scrutiny and makes the current position look even more shocking. We didnt take advatage of other clubs at all the season is 46 games and during that time we kept 19 clean sheets. Thats not luck it good management and game planning. Incidentally ...... What did we do with the two centre backs and full backs who starred in that team...... We gave them all away including our club captain!
    MM did not spend fortunes at all in the championship in fact in real terms prob no more than now. Gunna taylor cowie mason kenny helguson etc were no real money and turner was only £750k. Compare those players to wots going on now????
    He spent in exces of £12 million to get promotion to the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post

I totally disagree with that Stan. Malky built a squad to get us out of the division. What the squad lacked in flair it made up in character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Although different sides in footballing terms, Mackay's Cardiff and Eddie Howe's Bournemouth, were promotion-winning sides put together in similar ways. Decent transfer fees paid for players who were 'under the radar', but who proved excellent value...

To use the fact that Warnock has got rid of Chamakh and Richardson against him is ridiculous.

The guy brought in Hoilett and Bamba when the window wasn't even open and personally i think signing those two players is punching above our weight, especially on free transfers.

He signed Chamakh and Richardson on 2 month contracts and told them "prove yourselves", they didn't now they're gone!

You know that two but you're only interested in scoring points

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    To use the fact that Warnock has got rid of Chamakh and Richardson against him is ridiculous.

The guy brought in Hoilett and Bamba when the window wasn't even open and personally i think signing those two players is punching above our weight, especially on free transfers.

He signed Chamakh and Richardson on 2 month contracts and told them "prove yourselves", they didn't now they're gone!

You know that two but you're only interested in scoring points
    Wot you talking about ....... Look at the transfer fiasco in aug!!
    Dont just look at NW business look at all the players we have taken in this season that we now dont appear to want. Wot is your opion on that do you not find it Crazy business as most have been given long term contracts?

Could you remind me of the £12m player details over the two years leading upto to our winning the championship?

Could you remind me of the £12m player details over the two years leading upto to our winning the championship?
    Why are you so concerned with the financial dealings with the club?

We all know the where the club is right now in monetary terms, and whilst errors were made, they are being put right.

Just go to the game, cheer the team and enjoy the ride. That's what a football fan is. The finance concerns are for the guys in the boardroom.

Peanuts in the grand scheme of things. It's less than one Ross McCormack

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Why are you so concerned with the financial dealings with the club?

We all know the where the club is right now in monetary terms, and whilst errors were made, they are being put right.

Just go to the game, cheer the team and enjoy the ride. That's what a football fan is. The finance concerns are for the guys in the boardroom.
    Chepstow sounds like someone who runs another forum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E...._season#Squad

First read the "12 million" quote and thought it was ridiculous but reading that its mad to think how quickly it added up.