+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 12,655

Attendance last night for Reading v QPR.
    Not sure if it was on TV, but even if it was, a derby game, and your team in 3rd place in the Championship, that's an awful turn out.
    Almost certainly less than that, as non-attending ST holders would have been included..

There's a suspicion that attendances outside the Premiership peaked a couple of years ago, with some notable exceptions..

Re: 12,655

It was on Sky Sports 1

Reading were awful. But there must have been a real buzz before the game (that they expected to win) so the attendance is much lower than I expected, despite the TV coverage.

Reading also very twitchy about whether the sale of the club will go through - destabilising:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38610024
    Last edited by jon1959; 13-01-17 at 16:27.

How many QPR fans were there (can't be arsed looking)

Do the fans consider that a derby game?

1100 away fans apparently. It was a dreadful gate. Had it been played on a Saturday we would have got around 17,000. Ridiculous to play it on a Thursday night.
    The pitch was also in poor nick and has deteriorated from when I last went on Boxing Day. I dislike the way SKY dictate playing times like this.

Not a good night for my club and Stam is clearly very unhappy about the ongoing saga of our latest foreign ownership buy out.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Do the fans consider that a derby game?
    Absolutely not. Oxford,Aldershot and Swindon are our derby matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Absolutely not. Oxford,Aldershot and Swindon are our derby matches.
    Probably not in the literal sense, but close enough for QPR fans to make the journey in a reasonable time..

This is very low, Pearcy a question mate, "How many season ticket holders you got. ?

Because it don't seem as if you do as other clubs do and count them, with that low a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This is very low, Pearcy a question mate, "How many season ticket holders you got. ?

Because it don't seem as if you do as other clubs do and count them, with that low a crowd.
    I think they may have been counted. We had around 11,500 STH's last sesson but less than tnat this time around. I doubt many non STH's turned up Thursday night as the game was on tv and there were questions whether the game would go ahead because of the weather.