+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kadeem Harris - Full Back?

Kadeem Harris - Full Back?

Could he be switched to a full back role. He's just tall enough, fast enough and has all the attributes.

Re: Kadeem Harris - Full Back?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Could he be switched to a full back role. He's just tall enough, fast enough and has all the attributes.
    No

he's a league 2 winger

The kid who played full back for Fulham last week is a full back who can bomb forward.

Harris is a winger with just not enough pace or skill to beat a man and his delivery is not good enough (look up under Jeff Chandler) - Exeter City awaits

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    No

he's a league 2 winger

The kid who played full back for Fulham last week is a full back who can bomb forward.

Harris is a winger with just not enough pace or skill to beat a man and his delivery is not good enough (look up under Jeff Chandler) - Exeter City awaits
    'Mare

'Mare
    I thank you

I truly believe he'd be better than Jazz Richards

I truly believe he'd be better than Jazz Richards
    Leave him as a winger, it's what he does best (it's what Declan John does best as well) - he's inconsistent, but when he's on his game, he's good enough to make an impact at Championship level and I'd certainly not describe him as "a winger with just not enough pace or skill to beat a man".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Leave him as a winger, it's what he does best (it's what Declan John does best as well) - he's inconsistent, but when he's on his game, he's good enough to make an impact at Championship level and I'd certainly not describe him as "a winger with just not enough pace or skill to beat a man".
    He certainly made an impact yesterday.

However, he needs to produce more, and more consistently to show he's got a future at this level for me.

This is a fair shout.
    I know we're are talking about different level here but Antonio Valencia played as a winger but was asked to do a job defensively by Fergie and has developed into a fantastic wing back.

Certainly at the moment I don't think Kadeem is strong enough to play that role, but he's still young and will develop physically.

Currently he is an excellent option as an impact player from the bench, yesterday was the perfect example when chasing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I really don't rate John as a winger or a full back.

He gives the ball away in attacking positions, why risk him at full back.

And Richard's when fit is a far better prospect, can defend,has height and pace, and can cross a ball

His defensive positioning and work isn't good enough for him to be a full back, it was keeping him out of the side as a winger, if you remember. Kadeem still has a lot of work to do to become more consistent if he's going to be a regular for us, pleased for him on Saturday though.

No chance at present in my opinion. Defensively he's ropey to say the least.
    Positionally he's all over the place and he would be found out in no time out there.

He reminds me a bit of Theo Walcott, he makes an impact because of his pace but has no great understanding of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    No chance at present in my opinion. Defensively he's ropey to say the least.
    Positionally he's all over the place and he would be found out in no time out there.

He reminds me a bit of Theo Walcott, he makes an impact because of his pace but has no great understanding of the game.
    This is why I think he's best coming off the bench at present, he's quick and erratic, so makes things happen when we're chasing a game. When he starts, he gets found out as I don't think he knows what he's doing really.