+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play offs?

Play offs?

I have said the last month or so we will be pushing for the play offs at the end of the season..
    The dream is still alive

Re: Play offs?

I put my phone down and the game was 1 nil at about 70 minutes.

20 minutes later I checked the score again

Hopefully 3 points versus burton and get players in. WHo knows

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

What other game can offer such a scenario? Doom and gloom relegation battle then within 20 minutes a promotion challenge

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Same here.
    Listening at 1-0 we were dreadful so went and made myself some dinner and avoided all social media and sports channels, checked the score at 13.55 and low and behold, 2-3

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I have said the last month or so we will be pushing for the play offs at the end of the season..
    The dream is still alive
    No chance!!

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    No chance!!
    Yes there is Come near the end of the season i believe we will be in with a shout

One game at a time lads, let's not put the mockers on it!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    One game at a time lads, let's not put the mockers on it!
    Just got that feeling we will have an outside chance that's all.

Just got that feeling we will have an outside chance that's all.
    Not this year mate, but if Warnock stays, then I think we'll have a good go at it next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Not this year mate, but if Warnock stays, then I think we'll have a good go at it next season.
    What Warnock has done is bring real believe into the fans and the team, I think it's to big an ask for this year, but who knows?
    Given the right backing Neil is the man for us to have a real good go next year

6 of the next 7 games look daunting but we have to believe

Sheffield Wednesday, who are currently in sixth place, would finish the season on 77 points if they maintained their form to the end of the season. That would be an unusually high cut-off for the final playoff place.

So even if the sixth placed team ended up on 73 points, we would need to win 13 and draw four of our remaining 21 games to gain that number of points.

That seems a tall order as it would normally represent league winning form.

I reckon, given our form since NW took over, that we will finish on 63 points and in eleventh place.

^^
    Any top-half place would be a great achievement, from where we were when NW took over.

Banned

It would take a miracle to reach the play offs and a bigger miracle for Warnock to be with us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    It would take a miracle to reach the play offs and a bigger miracle for Warnock to be with us next season.
    Why is it a bigger miracle if he stays?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Why is it a bigger miracle if he stays?
    He tends to only hang around for a season these days, he's a firefighter he'll put the fire out then move on to the next blaze.

There was a tweet by Fourfourtwo before Xmas showing the best and worst finishing positions for teams in the league position you were currently in historically.
    I think we were 21st at the time and the best anyone has done from there is finishing 9th.
    Playoffs Possible...Maybe, but very, very unlikely.
    I am enjoying this season more than many recent ones, but I think we need to push on, keep Warnock and build for next season and not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Not a chance in my eyes.

There's too many good teams in and around the play offs never mind some really in form teams already in them.

We haven't got the squad to compete. We're short of real quality upfront and out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    He tends to only hang around for a season these days, he's a firefighter he'll put the fire out then move on to the next blaze.
    He decided not to stay with Rotherham after saving them last season, but apart from that what in his recent managerial record leads you to say 'he tends to.... then move on....' When he has left a club before it is almost always because he has been sacked (or 'let go'). His second spell at QPR was just a short term consultant/caretaker arrangement.

Everything Warnock has said since he arrived at Cardiff suggests he would like a long-term role, if not as manager (after a go at promotion which realistically will not be this year) then on the Board as an advisor or Director of Football type position.

If we get more than 5 points from our next 7 games we would have done well. Be content with staying up!

The dream is still alive
    No it isn't. We'd need Championship winning form between now and the end of the season. We might have won two on the trot but there's been nothing to suggest we could go on a major winning streak,especially with our defensive record.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No it isn't. We'd need Championship winning form between now and the end of the season. We might have won two on the trot but there's been nothing to suggest we could go on a major winning streak,especially with our defensive record.
    We are light years behind many formerly indifferent teams such as even Barnsley and Fulham, not to mention the many above them, we have no chance this season or most probably next or the season thereafter. With a leaky defence and without a recognised striker no team will get promoted from the Championship. The many millions required to get us anywhere near promotion simply is not there and frankly I'm glad because the last thing I want is for the club to get into deeper debt which potentially could threaten its very existence. While the optimism is laudable the reality is likely to be far different.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We are light years behind many formerly indifferent teams such as even Barnsley and Fulham, not to mention the many above them, we have no chance this season or most probably next or the season thereafter. With a leaky defence and without a recognised striker no team will get promoted from the Championship. The many millions required to get us anywhere near promotion simply is not there and frankly I'm glad because the last thing I want is for the club to get into deeper debt which potentially could threaten its very existence. While the optimism is laudable the reality is likely to be far different.
    We won promotion without a recognised striker, mainly through having a very hard working midfield that ran its nadgers off every week, helping out in defence and popping up with goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We won promotion without a recognised striker, mainly through having a very hard working midfield that ran its nadgers off every week, helping out in defence and popping up with goals.
    Read the full quote. I said "with a leaky defence and without a recognised striker we will not get promoted............"
    If we had a solid defence we perhaps could make progress but as matters stand we have not - look at our goals against record.

The dream is still alive
    Still believing