+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Play offs?

Re: Play offs?

Warnock is averaging 1.67 pts a game which if in theory was in charge for all the games so far would see us 7th. We wont get in the play offs but glad we've got Warnock in instead of trollope

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Warnock is averaging 1.67 pts a game which if in theory was in charge for all the games so far would see us 7th. We wont get in the play offs but glad we've got Warnock in instead of trollope
    From where we are i think getting to 7th would be a play off push

Nice thought. When we are closer to top 6 than the bottom 3 then we can start dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I have said the last month or so we will be pushing for the play offs at the end of the season..
    The dream is still alive
    I think you should seek help? We are very very average today and can consider ourselves fortunate to go away with three points. We have no chance of making the play offs playing like we do and with our forward line. TUrner took zohore out of his pocket to allow him to be substituted and poor Ricky cannot raise a jog let alone a gallop. No chance

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    I think you should seek help? We are very very average today and can consider ourselves fortunate to go away with three points. We have no chance of making the play offs playing like we do and with our forward line. TUrner took zohore out of his pocket to allow him to be substituted and poor Ricky cannot raise a jog let alone a gallop. No chance
    Pushing towards the play offs doesn't mean we will get a play off place.. What name do you post under on the other forum?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Pushing towards the play offs doesn't mean we will get a play off place.. What name do you post under on the other forum?
    The first part of your post is correct ...... And we wont
    The second part...... I only usevthe best forum this one imo

That was two poor sides today. Its a testimony to NW and the squad that we are picking up points but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Pulling away form the relegation zone is a heck of an achievement but IMO play off hopes will soon drift away in the next 4 weeks. Hope Im wrong but Im more concerned that we finish as high as poss to persuade VT to back us next year

We have never looked close to being a playoff side this season. No chance.

I had a bet on city to make the top 6 at 80/1 so I put a tenner on it -will trouser £810, also on another bet if Swansea stay up I will get an extra 367 quid o top of that !

Worth a tenner innit?

if you can afford to lose it yep

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday, who are currently in sixth place, would finish the season on 77 points if they maintained their form to the end of the season. That would be an unusually high cut-off for the final playoff place.

So even if the sixth placed team ended up on 73 points, we would need to win 13 and draw four of our remaining 21 games to gain that number of points.

That seems a tall order as it would normally represent league winning form.

I reckon, given our form since NW took over, that we will finish on 63 points and in eleventh place.
    Bump. Close, it would seem, but no cigar