+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players get a break today

Players get a break today

No better football feeling than beating your arch enemy in their own backyard!
    The ups and downs of following a team like Cardiff City. Battling performance against Villa. Absolute cack last week. Then utopia today. The players get to take a few days of from the constant critiscism they get when things don't go right.
    Read the match day thread today, and someone wanted Pilks subbed. The rest is history lol!
    We as fans want the players to perform, and show commitment every game, but I think we tend to fiorget that most players at this level are mediocre, with only a handful above average. Only the top players in the world can show consistency and put in a performance week after week.
    If we had players at the City putting in performances every week, then they'd be away to bigger clubs.
    At the end of the day, we all want to get to the premiership again and try to scale the heights, but I do feel fans (of all clubs) can be ultra critical of players at the drop of a hat.

Re: Players get a break today

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    No better football feeling than beating your arch enemy in their own backyard!
    The ups and downs of following a team like Cardiff City. Battling performance against Villa. Absolute cack last week. Then utopia today. The players get to take a few days of from the constant critiscism they get when things don't go right.
    Read the match day thread today, and someone wanted Pilks subbed. The rest is history lol!
    We as fans want the players to perform, and show commitment every game, but I think we tend to fiorget that most players at this level are mediocre, with only a handful above average. Only the top players in the world can show consistency and put in a performance week after week.
    If we had players at the City putting in performances every week, then they'd be away to bigger clubs.
    At the end of the day, we all want to get to the premiership again and try to scale the heights, but I do feel fans (of all clubs) can be ultra critical of players at the drop of a hat.
    Too bloody true!

After 7 straight defeats i think the Wurzles have a right to be ultra critical

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    After 7 straight defeats i think the Wurzles have a right to be ultra critical
    You have a point 😭