Thread: Marshall wanting to come home?

Marshall wanting to come home?

Heard a while ago he was keen to come back

Maybe his Mrs is hinting...

Re: Marshall wanting to come home?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Heard a while ago he was keen to come back

Maybe his Mrs is hinting...

It is looking like he is on his way back. Should never have left. Guess it will be loan as we could not afford to buy due to FFP rules.

His missus is tidy.
    Christ.

welcome home son

Hull still owe us lots of money, with their win today they could be the team to stay up, then they have to pay us £1.25m, so Hull let us have him back and forget about paying us anymore money

New manager, different ideas and inevitably different players.
    Maybe he could come back.

I would love to have Marshall back.......go get him Neil

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    His missus is tidy.
    Christ.

And a tease it seems

Could he return? I remember us selling someone in the 90's (cant remember who but think it was a Scottish club - maybe Paul Ramsey?) and when he tried to come back there was a rule a player couldn't return to a club that sold him within a year or so. Might be my aged memory playing tricks mind

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    His missus is tidy.
    Christ.
    Every footballer got a tidy missus to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Could he return? I remember us selling someone in the 90's (cant remember who but think it was a Scottish club - maybe Paul Ramsey?) and when he tried to come back there was a rule a player couldn't return to a club that sold him within a year or so. Might be my aged memory playing tricks mind
    Only rule I can find is the three club in a season rule.
    There are numerous instances of players being sold and immediately loaned back so I think Marshall could come back.

Tough one! returning players rarely work out in football. However in this case I would have him, he never seemed to force a move away from Cardiff and I respect him for that, especially after relegation.

The facts are we need a goalkeeper, and as previously stated if Hull still owe us money on him a deal that gives him back for write off would be perfect as it won't cost us a fee.

The only issue, did Hull increase his wages?

Well it was often reported that he and his family were very happy and settled in the area and didn't want to leave. I assume Hull wouldn't have paid the money up so probably still owe us. Seems like a similar scenario to Chopra.

Banned

I don't think there's anything wrong with Murphy, it's just the defence knows Marshall and vice versa.

I would happily take Marshall back but not a chance if we have to pay 3.5m!

We don't need Marshall. Good striker we need

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We don't need Marshall. Good striker we need
    I agree we need a striker, but why does it have to be one or the other? If there's any chance at all that we could get Marshall back, and, as Barry says, this may well be another Chopra type situation whereby we could pay less for the player than anyone else would have to, then I'd take it like a shot - chwarae teg to Murphy who has done better than I thought he would, but our goals against record this season (two more let in yesterday) is all of the evidence you need of how much we've missed Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with Murphy, it's just the defence knows Marshall and vice versa.

I would happily take Marshall back but not a chance if we have to pay 3.5m!
    Indeed, Murphy has done ok (not much he could've done about the two goals yesterday tbf) and I'd like to see him stay. But as backup to Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Indeed, Murphy has done ok (not much he could've done about the two goals yesterday tbf) and I'd like to see him stay. But as backup to Marshall.
    I think Marshall would have saved the first one, if nothing else his extra height would have allowed him to get more on the shot and probably put it over.

The second was point blank, but we've seen him save similar to that too.
    My mate asked if I thought the keeper could have done better at the time and I said, 'not really, but we compare everyone with Marshall, who pulled off so many blinders'

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    You are correct. Paul Ramsay and St Johnstone. He could return on loan, but not permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think Marshall would have saved the first one, if nothing else his extra height would have allowed him to get more on the shot and probably put it over.

The second was point blank, but we've seen him save similar to that too.
    My mate asked if I thought the keeper could have done better at the time and I said, 'not really, but we compare everyone with Marshall, who pulled off so many blinders'
    Fair point about the first one especially, but I think it's one thing to say we once had a keeper who might have kept both of them out and another to say our current keeper should have saved them - not that this was what you are claiming of course.

I don't think we got too much for Marshall anyway did we? With most being paid if they stay up. If that is the case and we could get him back fairly cheap it is a no brainier really!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree we need a striker, but why does it have to be one or the other? If there's any chance at all that we could get Marshall back, and, as Barry says, this may well be another Chopra type situation whereby we could pay less for the player than anyone else would have to, then I'd take it like a shot - chwarae teg to Murphy who has done better than I thought he would, but our goals against record this season (two more let in yesterday) is all of the evidence you need of how much we've missed Marshall.
    Because we can't afford both

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Every footballer got a tidy missus to be fair
    Have you seen Paul Scholes missus ...

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Have you seen Paul Scholes missus ...
    Well, I have now??

Your standards must be pretty high?