+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marshall wanting to come home?

Re: Marshall wanting to come home?

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I don't think we got too much for Marshall anyway did we? With most being paid if they stay up. If that is the case and we could get him back fairly cheap it is a no brainier really!
    The majority of the fee was paid up front. However the trigger point for an additional payment based on appearances has not yet been met and neither, of course , has the further payment due if Hull stay up. So he will be in Hull's books at a cost of around £3m and will be shown as a sale of £3m in Cardiff's books ( the " conditional" further payments are not shown as a profit in a club's books until those conditions are met).

I can't see the club being willing to pay out £3m on a goalie( or any other player for that matter) or Hull being willing to take a big loss on a player they only signed a few months ago, but a loan move may not be out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Because we can't afford both
    We don't know that for sure until the last day of the transfer window and, according to our manager, the plan is for two or three new players arriving before February, not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fair point about the first one especially, but I think it's one thing to say we once had a keeper who might have kept both of them out and another to say our current keeper should have saved them - not that this was what you are claiming of course.
    Yes, fully agree. Nor would I have expected Wilson or Amos to have done much better

Murphy has done well for us since he came in.

Marshall's a class apart and for me is worth 15 points plus on the other keepers at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Well, I have now??

Your standards must be pretty high?
    Ah, I was referring to his girlfriend years ago, clearly he traded her in....

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I would love to have Marshall back.......go get him Neil
    not as captain though

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yes, fully agree. Nor would I have expected Wilson or Amos to have done much better

Murphy has done well for us since he came in.

Marshall's a class apart and for me is worth 15 points plus on the other keepers at our club.
    Though Murphy could have done better for their second yesterday though

Reading some Hull fans opinion on their goalkeeping situation.

"Jakupovic earned the right to start - not dissing Marshall, but the Jak is in great form."

"Has to be Jak for me as well; Marshall has been poor and should have lost his place 10 games ago! I am convinced we would have more points by now if he had."

"No Question about it " Jak " is the man to put between the sticks and NOT leaky Marshall."

"Jakupovic is City's #1: based on form, penalty saves and superior communication with his defense."

Why did he leave? Especially to go to some northern backwater. Guess he gets to watch the rest of the season from the bench now... well, until McGregor fully recovers from his back operation and then Marshall can watch from the stands as he won't make the match day squad.

Why would Hull let go of their backup keeper when their plight is in the balance.

Should anything happen to their number 1 they could say goodbye to the premiership purely because they sent their backup goalkeeper on loan.

Maybe Marshall has been told he'll be the backup from herein, but it would be ludicrous for them to let him go at this stage of the season, both on loan and for a significantly reduced amount.

My interpretation of this is Mrs Marshall clearly wears the trousers in that household.

It's a pretty irresponsible tweet otherwise.

It would make sense why he stayed with us as long as he did too.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We don't know that for sure until the last day of the transfer window and, according to our manager, the plan is for two or three new players arriving before February, not just one.
    So, you think we have enough money to buy Marshall and A N Other? We don't have enough money to buy Marshall's gloves, the two or three coming in will be begged, borrowed or stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    So, you think we have enough money to buy Marshall and A N Other? We don't have enough money to buy Marshall's gloves, the two or three coming in will be begged, borrowed or stolen.
    I'm sure if we wanted to, we could buy promotion from the division to the Prem.

Money isn't the problem. It's Tan's envolvement that is the problem.

My thought is that if he now has a team he can trust, perhaps the risk/reward balance would swing a little in favour of spending more for promotion next season then selling up. I know I'd hate us too if I was in Tan's shoes.

My interpretation of this is Mrs Marshall clearly wears the trousers in that household.

Probably letting our her real thoughts after a few glugs of Prosecco

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Every footballer got a tidy missus to be fair
    what even Jonny Hayes ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'm sure if we wanted to, we could buy promotion from the division to the Prem.

Money isn't the problem. It's Tan's envolvement that is the problem.

My thought is that if he now has a team he can trust, perhaps the risk/reward balance would swing a little in favour of spending more for promotion next season then selling up. I know I'd hate us too if I was in Tan's shoes.
    When was the last time he attended a game? And now it's transfer window time, and the same people that were calling him names not so long back are showing their nice faces now that the window is open.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Probably letting our her real thoughts after a few glugs of Prosecco
    You're not wrong.

Looks like she's had some flak from Hull Trolls and has had to put the following tweet up

Michelle Marshall‏ @_22misha

Guys it was a joke because I was feeling home sick, didn't intend to offend anyone. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    That's not what I said. Warnock has been saying almost since the day he arrived that he will have to wheel and deal in the January window and has given us plenty of warning that he may have to sell players he wants to keep if we are going to be able to bring in the ones he wants.

Granted, that's going to be a tough ask, because, unlike most of our Championship rivals who finance their transfer business through player sales, we've lost the knack of signing players and developing them to a level where they can be sold for a healthy profit and we have an Academy that has stopped producing first team players, let alone the Ramseys, Gunters or Jeromes that were sold for seven figure sums.

As for Marshall, I'm not saying we should sign him now (it looks like there's no chance of that happening anyway judging by Mrs Marshall's latest tweet on the subject), but, with Hull still owing us money for him, there might have been scope for a loan until the end of the season, with, possibly, a permanent deal being done in the summer.

Bob, I would not take much notice of her latest tweet, as that is in reply to the stick she is getting from Hull fans, I would be more inclined to believe her first tweet. I think there is more to this than a rumor!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Bob, I would not take much notice of her latest tweet, as that is in reply to the stick she is getting from Hull fans, I would be more inclined to believe her first tweet. I think there is more to this than a rumor!
    I wouldn't, that sounds like wishful thinking.

3/4 months ago he was sold to balance the books, he now has a premiership pay packet to match too.

It's not happening

It is possible that the lady in question knew she would be kicking up a rumpus with her tweeting - for whatever reason / possible outcome.
    I'm not sure that seeking to quell the rumpus by then using the phrase 'homesick' would exactly soothe any Hull fans who were already braying about her previous salvo. ;)

How did society function before we had (bloody) Twitter eh?!

Can't blame her really. She's living in Hull ffs

Does she have anything else on , other than the trousers ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Does she have anything else on , other than the trousers ?

Ah come on you lot shes only being mischevous and havin a laff..... Lets face it theres a afre few jokers on here anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Ah come on you lot shes only being mischevous and havin a laff..... Lets face it theres a afre few jokers on here anyway!!
    Fair play, most sensible thing you've posted in ages .

Warnock just said on Radio Wales he's looking on bringing a Prem
    keeper in on loan and could be sorted by end of the week.

I bet she's having a laugh now.
    She cast a line and a lot bit.