+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marshall wanting to come home?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Marshall wanting to come home?

I don't think we got too much for Marshall anyway did we? With most being paid if they stay up. If that is the case and we could get him back fairly cheap it is a no brainier really!

Re: Marshall wanting to come home?

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I don't think we got too much for Marshall anyway did we? With most being paid if they stay up. If that is the case and we could get him back fairly cheap it is a no brainier really!
    The majority of the fee was paid up front. However the trigger point for an additional payment based on appearances has not yet been met and neither, of course , has the further payment due if Hull stay up. So he will be in Hull's books at a cost of around £3m and will be shown as a sale of £3m in Cardiff's books ( the " conditional" further payments are not shown as a profit in a club's books until those conditions are met).

I can't see the club being willing to pay out £3m on a goalie( or any other player for that matter) or Hull being willing to take a big loss on a player they only signed a few months ago, but a loan move may not be out of the question