+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff’s attacking pace turns a defeat into a victory!

Cardiff’s attacking pace turns a defeat into a victory!

Re: Cardiff’s attacking pace turns a defeat into a victory!

Great write up as usual!

If I had one bit of constructive criticism it's the this part;

e period I refer to), I mean in terms of fan reaction. The home crowd were behind the side in a way I’ve not seen since Malky Mackay’s time against Villa and everything

Makes it sound like it was malky's time against Villa. Nothing wrong with it just a bit confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Great write up as usual!

If I had one bit of constructive criticism it's the this part;

e period I refer to), I mean in terms of fan reaction. The home crowd were behind the side in a way I’ve not seen since Malky Mackay’s time against Villa and everything

Makes it sound like it was malky's time against Villa. Nothing wrong with it just a bit confusing.
    Thanks, I agree with you and have made a change which makes it read better .

Great write up...

A good read, as always

I'd temper the post of appreciation with the comment that your view of Warnock is subjective and not as objective as it could or should be. Frankly, how you personally saw/see Warnock is irrelevant.

I suspect Cardiff fans as a whole wanted Warnock to be brought in as a fire-fighter and like what he has given to our club. His style has resulted in consistency of performance and a points haul which over the last ten games is top-half-of-the-table form.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks, I agree with you and have made a change which makes it read better .
    The only comment I've ever had on your writing after reading your stuff for about ten years, a good streak

Good piece.
    Bob, while you say he can never be entirely your cup of tea - perfectly understandably so ;) , I can certainly see an admiration for Warnock - the man, what he has restored, and also how he played things out to great effect yesterday woven throughout your summary

A very tasty derby win that one.

Good report Bob and i must admit to thinking after 80 minutes of yesterday's game "oh oh the honeymoon is over"!

However the comeback and the influence of Bamba and Hoilett again highlights what Warnock is capable if he is allowed to shape his squad here.

I'm not a big fan of the game management we sometimes show in the first 5 minutes wasting time etc and I'd also like to see our full backs play a bit more progressive but at the moment the pro's far outweigh the cons and like you say by far his biggest acheivement has been uniting the fans and changing Gunnarsson from Bambi into Aslan!

Great write up Bob and great words at the end about Whitts

Has Warnock 'mellowed' ? You'd have to ask opposition supporters that, but he's my ideal City person - one who angers and frustrates you as an opponent, but one who you would definately want on your side. Pundits tend to over-complicate football, particularly when they are trying to analyse the relative qualities of managers. In the case of Trollope v Warnock, I can imagine how the players must have felt arriving for training with Trollope on a Monday morning , a pretty clinical, analytical and un-inspiring experience. I'm sure Warnock can be analytical too, but Warnock is more of a 'manager' in the true sense, and I'm sure the players are far happier training and playing under him.

Whittingham is there because he takes corners and free kicks better that practically anyone else in this league. Apart from that, he [nowadays] does little to assist his colleagues around him. Our midfield works harder, for longer, without him. Having said that, whilst I wouldn't put him down in my first X1, I'd certainly retain him in the squad as an impact player. I'm surprised there's no mention of a central midfielder in Warnock's transfer comments - that's the one position that could transform City. Perhaps he's keeping his cards close to his chest.