+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 9 points gained through Warnock tactical master stokes

9 points gained through Warnock tactical master stokes

The half time double sub v Wolves
    Bamba in holding midfield v Villa
    Double winger sub v Worzels

Let's face it, it's been a while since we've had a manager who can out- think the opposition.

How many times have we seen points ripped off us by clever opposition substitutions?

Nice to be able to get some back.

Re: 9 points gained through Warnock tactical master stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Let's face it, it's been a while since we've had a manager who can out- think the opposition.

How many times have we seen points ripped off us by clever opposition substitutions?

Totally agree and nice to see a City side come back from behind, not once but twice

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Totally agree and nice to see a City side come back from behind, not once but twice
    I think the fear of a bollocking has something to do with that fighting spirit. Man Utd were the masters at it and Sir Alex was not one to mess with.

I couldn't see Trollope, Slade or Solskjaer being angry with players who had let the team down. I'm not sure Jones was a disciplinarian, either. Malky, on the other side of the coin, possibly was.

You are spot on. Over the last few years one of my biggest frustrations has been opposition manager's making changes which we were unable to counter. Under Warnock we seem to have an ability to be on the front foot via making changes which strengthen our hand.

Credit to Warnock but I also think that his backroom team have positive input here, especially Blackwell who Warnock talks to a lot during games.

Also, from yesterday, it was clear to me that we have been doing a lot of work on the training ground to close games down when we have something to defend. I think I am right in saying that for the majority of the added 5 minutes we kept the ball in their half with only one meaningful attack of note that to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    You are spot on. Over the last few years one of my biggest frustrations has been opposition manager's making changes which we were unable to counter. Under Warnock we seem to have an ability to be on the front foot via making changes which strengthen our hand.

Credit to Warnock but I also think that his backroom team have positive input here, especially Blackwell who Warnock talks to a lot during games.

Also, from yesterday, it was clear to me that we have been doing a lot of work on the training ground to close games down when we have something to defend. I think I am right in saying that for the majority of the added 5 minutes we kept the ball in their half with only one meaningful attack of note that to defend.
    Agree with this.
    Reading (laughing at) the Bristol City forum yesterday, one poster mentioned the similarities and differences between their last two league results (Reading and us, both 3-2 losses for Brizzle after leading).

He said that when they were in the lead against Reading that Stam would remain calm, encourage his team but stick with and believe in his system.
    He went on to say he looked at Warnock yesterday and he was not so calm when we were losing but he had a lengthy conversation with Blackwell and possibly Dibble and on came Hoilett and Harris who turned the game on its head.

One thing i will say to temper these observations though is that in two of those games (Wolverhampton and Bristol) it was Warnocks errors in his starting line ups that prompted the changes. (But i do agree with you)

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    One thing i will say to temper these observations though is that in two of those games (Wolverhampton and Bristol) it was Warnocks errors in his starting line ups that prompted the changes. (But i do agree with you)
    That's a fair point.
    However he spotted this and sorted it

For the sake of balance, some Warnock decisions have cost points too.