+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sherlock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sherlock

I hadn't watched the previous series of Sherlock but decided to watch this three parter. It was disjointed and incomprehensible and I had no interest in any of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I hadn't watched the previous series of Sherlock but decided to watch this three parter. It was disjointed and incomprehensible and I had no interest in any of the characters.
    and you still watched all 3 parts?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Apparently it's too much to ask for a show about a clever detective and his faithful partner solving crimes, which is what it started out as, instead we get some oblique shitshow that jumps around like a 90's Tarantino movie while trying to simultaneously be gritty, flashy, broad and weirdly politically correct in that way BBC drama tends to be.

Better to give the Ridley Scott/Tom Hardy vehicle "Taboo" a watch, the first two episodes have been a good watch although, what with it being a BBC show, episode 3 will probably see the introduction of a new character, a sassy and super-intelligent female Asian twenty-something that can inexplicably beat up 10 men at once with karate.
    Don't get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Not everyone says "This looks shit" during the opening credits like you.

Think this series could be summed up in one of my friend's stating that Moffatt is obsessed with everyone being related, I'm a little surprised Moriaty wasn't a second cousin in the end, and my mum asking where the high functioning sociopath had gone.

The ongoing drama coming from Mary's past seemed to dominate the last 3 years (a downside of them being so spread apart) and I'm a little disappointed that she had the final monologue. Was it part of Martin Freeman's contract that she had to stick around? I did manage to enjoy the second and third episodes, though not as much as previous series.

Got it on catch up. It's about to get deleted due to the comments which I kind of thought it might be. I watched Silent Witness on catch up the other day, the one with the Syrian girls, it came across as very BBC biased in some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I' m a patient man Mr SR . Engaging in posts with your goodself is also disjointed and incomprehensible but I am still prepared to do so "for the good of the country"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I' m a patient man Mr SR . Engaging in posts with your goodself is also disjointed and incomprehensible but I am still prepared to do so "for the good of the country"
    Quick edit.