+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last man on the moon dead

Re: Last man on the moon dead

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They all died at least two years before the moon landings, and they are astronauts while rjk is clearly referring to the thousands of people who worked on the Apollo missions.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    To achieve something that people will still talk about fifty years later.

Incidentally, I've seen lots of 'how' arguments against it but never seen anyone argue 'why', so I doff my cap to you.
    The reason for the why is because it's key to the whole thing.

It was all about propaganda. They simply wanted to show the whole world that they were better than Russia.

As for Russia shining a light on it being a hoax, the fact that they gave up on the idea as an impossible dream tells its own story.

Fifty years ago, America put a man on the moon. Since that time no other country has done it and America hasn't even attempted it, despite the incredible advances in technology we've seen in that time, particularly with regards to space travel.

I'm not some conspiracy theorist like some on here (mainly because most of it is just internet nonsense that doesn't stand up to scrutiny) and I'm certainly no expert on the moon landings but for me the whole thing just doesn't add up.

For the record, I'm not disputing that people didn't blast off in a rocket but in my opinion the walking on the moon bit was faked.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Because space is the biggest question of human existence.

There is nothing more important.
    Fair comment, but I was asking specifically about walking on the moon.

Plenty of people had been into space before that.

Additionally, other countries have sent up probes that have taken photos of some of the stuff that was left there.

Also have you seen any movies from the 1960s? The special effects are laughable. They would be too obvious to spot by today's standards. The

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    The reason for the why is because it's key to the whole thing.

It was all about propaganda. They simply wanted to show the whole world that they were better than Russia.

As for Russia shining a light on it being a hoax, the fact that they gave up on the idea as an impossible dream tells its own story.

Fifty years ago, America put a man on the moon. Since that time no other country has done it and America hasn't even attempted it, despite the incredible advances in technology we've seen in that time, particularly with regards to space travel.

I'm not some conspiracy theorist like some on here (mainly because most of it is just internet nonsense that doesn't stand up to scrutiny) and I'm certainly no expert on the moon landings but for me the whole thing just doesn't add up.

For the record, I'm not disputing that people didn't blast off in a rocket but in my opinion the walking on the moon bit was faked.
    All of the 'why' reasons remain true whether the landings happened or not.

If it's propaganda, and I don't disagree, then it makes it even more baffling why the Soviets didn't speak up. Especially as it happened six times.

They all died at least two years before the moon landings, and they are astronauts while rjk is clearly referring to the thousands of people who worked on the Apollo missions.
    If TRUMP is true, nothing is beyond the American propaganda machine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capricorn_One

It cost the US the 2016 equivalent of $141 billion for the Apollo missions.

NASA's 2016 budget is around $19 billion.

Simply put, it's not worth it to go back. There isn't $141,000,000,000 worth of reasons to put more humans on the moon at the moment. We have our sights set on Mars now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    It cost the US the 2016 equivalent of $141 billion for the Apollo missions.

NASA's 2016 budget is around $19 billion.

Simply put, it's not worth it to go back. There isn't $141,000,000,000 worth of reasons to put more humans on the moon at the moment. We have our sights set on Mars now.
    Is the right answer.

Pity no ones been to the moon, lived his life a lie.
    Nor really ,some of the space spin-offs:

1. CAT scanner: this cancer-detecting technology was first used to find imperfections in space components.
    2. Computer microchip: modern microchips descend from integrated circuits used in the Apollo Guidance Computer.
    3. Cordless tools: power drills and vacuum cleaners use technology designed to drill for moon samples.
    4. Ear thermometer: a camera-like lens that detects infrared energy we feel as heat was originally used to monitor the birth of stars.
    5. Freeze-dried food: this reduces food weight and increases shelf life without sacrificing nutritional value.
    6. Insulation: home insulation uses reflective material that protects spacecraft from radiation.
    7. Invisible braces: teeth-straightening is less embarrassing thanks to transparent ceramic brace brackets made from spacecraft materials.
    8. Joystick: this computer gaming device was first used on the Apollo Lunar Rover.
    9. Memory foam: created for aircraft seats to soften landing, this foam, which returns to its original shape, is found in mattresses and shock absorbing helmets.
    10. Satellite television: technology used to fix errors in spacecraft signals helps reduce scrambled pictures and sound in satellite television signals.
    11. Scratch resistant lenses: astronaut helmet visor coating makes our spectacles ten times more scratch resistant.
    12. Shoe insoles: athletic shoe companies adapted space boot designs to lessen impact by adding spring and ventilation.
    13. Smoke detector: Nasa invented the first adjustable smoke detector with sensitivity levels to prevent false alarms.
    14. Swimsuit: Nasa used the same principles that reduce drag in space to help create the world’s fastest swimsuit for Speedo, rejected by some professionals for giving an unfair advantage.
    15. Water filter: domestic versions borrow a technique Nasa pioneered to kill bacteria in water taken into space.

So rest in peace Eugene Cernan and thanks you were a brave man and we all have benefited from your dedication to society

Banned

Why do people love conspiracies?
    Why not just give the human race the credit it deserves sometimes.
    Same with the pyramids, why did aliens have to build them? Why can't the human race have built it?
    Nobody questions the Tower of London being built by humans and that was something else back in the 11th century.
    Fast forward then to 1969 , blasting a rocket to the moon with 3 men in is not that difficult really is it.

If there are people on here that aren't trolling and actually think the landings were a hoax, you are a next level type of idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Why do people love conspiracies?
    Why not just give the human race the credit it deserves sometimes.
    Same with the pyramids, why did aliens have to build them? Why can't the human race have built it?
    Nobody questions the Tower of London being built by humans and that was something else back in the 11th century.
    Fast forward then to 1969 , blasting a rocket to the moon with 3 men in is not that difficult really is it.

Ya, like the "DISAPPEARING KEBABS"

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    If there are people on here that aren't trolling and actually think the landings were a hoax, you are a next level type of idiot.
    And dreadfully disrespectful to very brave men , that did something ,and told the tales , not many would be brave enough or fit enough to even consider delivering themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And dreadfully disrespectful to very brave men , that did something ,and told the tales , not many would be brave enough or fit enough to even consider delivering themselves.
    I guess the number of people who don't think it could possibly have happened is testimony to just what an unbelievable achievement it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Additionally, other countries have sent up probes that have taken photos of some of the stuff that was left there.

Also have you seen any movies from the 1960s? The special effects are laughable. They would be too obvious to spot by today's standards. The
    Let's have a look at these photos they seem interesting

A good read for non-believers:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moon_landing_hoax

A good read for non-believers:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moon_landing_hoax
    Belt and braces.

Blog Entries

Because Mrs Steve R told me so.

Plus, I loves a good conspiracy theory

http://www.darkgovernment.com/moon.html
    Oi, don't bring me in to this, I've never even mentioned the moon landings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Oi, don't bring me in to this, I've never even mentioned the moon landings.

Finished the ironing I see

Don't tell anyone Mrs R, but they're so easy to wind up on here

Interesting points and articles.
    IMO it still remains quite feasible that some (just some!) footage was 'tarted up' - for whatever reason(s), but it's easy to imagine why this could feasibly have occur, and its easy to find examples of apparently odd footage.

So, if any of this possible 'tarting up' wasn't done very well, it gives the impression of anomalies which gives rise to determined non-believers pointing at the whole thing and shouting 'hoax'!

Unfortunate if so, as the brave pioneers deserve better, as has been said.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Belt and braces.
    Like I said, I used to think it was a hoax until I read more. This webpage wasn't around all those years ago for me, but it contains pretty much the same stuff. The conspiracy theory views are debunked and the arguments to say it did happen seem very difficult to argue against.

Fair comment, but I was asking specifically about walking on the moon.

Plenty of people had been into space before that.
    So you'll believe they've gone into space but not to the moon?

So you'll believe they've gone into space but not to the moon?

Its not that far to get into space

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Its not that far to get into space
    I accidentally jumped into space once.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I accidentally jumped into space once.

Yeah but we had good space hoppers back in the day so im guessing your over 40