+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last man on the moon dead

Re: Last man on the moon dead

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Its not that far to get into space
    True but it's pretty hard to escape earth's gravity. Once you do, pointing yourself towards the moon is not that difficult. Getting back alive is, of course.

I think you can argue that the 60 years of progress between the Wrights hopping around a field and Gagarin getting into space is more impressive than the 8 years between that and Armstrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Finished the ironing I see

Don't tell anyone Mrs R, but they're so easy to wind up on here
    There is more chance of me going to the moon than finishing the ironing.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Like I said, I used to think it was a hoax until I read more. This webpage wasn't around all those years ago for me, but it contains pretty much the same stuff. The conspiracy theory views are debunked and the arguments to say it did happen seem very difficult to argue against.
    There are some very good fake theories online, all designed to mud the waters, weapons of mass distraction.

True but it's pretty hard to escape earth's gravity. Once you do, pointing yourself towards the moon is not that difficult. Getting back alive is, of course.

I think you can argue that the 60 years of progress between the Wrights hopping around a field and Gagarin getting into space is more impressive than the 8 years between that and Armstrong.

Agree that getting out of atmosphere can be tricky, but seems that China and India expecting to walk on the moon in 15-20 years. So have to assume that the journey isn't that straight forward, and that's with todays technology.

That said I do believe they got to the moon but just can't figure how the hell they managed it back then.

Agree that getting out of atmosphere can be tricky, but seems that China and India expecting to walk on the moon in 15-20 years. So have to assume that the journey isn't that straight forward, and that's with todays technology.

That said I do believe they got to the moon but just can't figure how the hell they managed it back then.
    They had help from the Clangers and the Soup Dragon (please don't say they're made up too!).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They had help from the Clangers and the Soup Dragon (please don't say they're made up too!).

Well that sort of makes sense, if we hadn't been there we wouldn't know about them would we

Another conspiracy theory is that they went to the moon and found that their is an alien base up there and the aliens were monitoring the moon landings. Apparently there are radio recordings of Armstrong describing the massive size of their ships. Apparently the following Apollo missions were quick visits, as the aliens didn't want them up there, probably bollocks, but who knows?
    My problem with the moon landings were how they got through the Van Allen radiation fields around the earth? Conspiracy theorists say the ships and suits they travelled in offered little protection from the powerful radiation. Don't think we'll ever know the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    My problem with the moon landings were how they got through the Van Allen radiation fields around the earth? Conspiracy theorists say the ships and suits they travelled in offered little protection from the powerful radiation.
    No worse than driving through Port Talbot.

Ohh dear, there are some crazy ones on here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Ohh dear, there are some crazy ones on here.
    Tell me about it, I'm surrounded by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Additionally, other countries have sent up probes that have taken photos of some of the stuff that was left there.

Also have you seen any movies from the 1960s? The special effects are laughable. They would be too obvious to spot by today's standards.
    Here's an example..

Feedback

Its not that far to get into space
    Its not that much more difficult to get to the moon

Feedback

We had rockets in the 13th century.

Feedback

Leaving the moon doesnt require anywhere near as much effort as getting there. Lower gravity, no air resistance, tidal forces from the earth.

Feedback

Another conspiracy theory is that they went to the moon and found that their is an alien base up there and the aliens were monitoring the moon landings. Apparently there are radio recordings of Armstrong describing the massive size of their ships. Apparently the following Apollo missions were quick visits, as the aliens didn't want them up there, probably bollocks, but who knows?
    My problem with the moon landings were how they got through the Van Allen radiation fields around the earth? Conspiracy theorists say the ships and suits they travelled in offered little protection from the powerful radiation. Don't think we'll ever know the truth.
    The van allen belt is a magnetic fiels that directs ionic particles to the poles. They are mainly beta particles that are relatively easy to block

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Leaving the moon doesnt require anywhere near as much effort as getting there. Lower gravity, no air resistance, tidal forces from the earth.

You should let China and India know as its them that seem to to have the problems.

You should let China and India know as its them that seem to to have the problems.
    When will the scientists and governments there claim they will be the first to land a manned mission?

Or are they going to just leave it to people on football message boards etc to expose the flaws in the USA's claims?

Alien bases on the moon? I've heard it all on here.

Go and get yourself a decent telescope and you can view the moon yourself and get an incredibly close look at it in real time.

"Probably bollocks, who knows?"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Go and get yourself a decent telescope and you can view the moon yourself and get an incredibly close look at it in real time.
    They are on the other side of the moon mun.

Of course man walked on the moon, the ball Don Murray took that penalty against Dynamo Berlin with in 1971 is on show at Cape Canaveral after Eugene Cernan brought it back a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Here's the proof

https://youtu.be/AWK6DhsPH2Y

Any video that starts with a Windows Movie Maker transition is going to be utter shite

Always amuses me when people say they don't believe that they could have got safely through the Van Allen belt.
    A quick Google will lead you to a large number of explanations and calculations showing it is demonstrably safe for the time they spent going through it.
    Yet presumably you've read a nut job website that has told you it is literally impossible to survive going through and you've decided to accept that without question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Always amuses me when people say they don't believe that they could have got safely through the Van Allen belt.
    A quick Google will lead you to a large number of explanations and calculations showing it is demonstrably safe for the time they spent going through it.
    Yet presumably you've read a nut job website that has told you it is literally impossible to survive going through and you've decided to accept that without question.

Ya, they said these were safe as well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Grapple

Don't believe everything you read.

Feedback

perhaps there is a shortage of skilled pilots, skilled technicians, skilled engineers. lets remember the Americans spent what would be tens if not hundreds of billions at it if measured in today's money. The Chinese or Indians do not have that sort of resource