+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fact !!!!

Banned

Re: Fact !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    In a speed demonstration, Bruce Lee could snatch a dime off a person’s open palm before they could close it, and leave a written iou behind.
    Fmpsl

Banned

Johnny Depp was in nightmare on elm Street. He was the one that got killed in the bed.

Banned

When del falls through the bar in ofah, the barman is Bryn off twin town

Paul Weller was in the last episode of Sherlock
    Elliott Gould didn't actually go into space

We tried to sign Messi but Zahore got the gig instead!

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Fedora hat.

Also the scene where he shot the sword fighter was done cos on the day Harrison Ford had a bad guts, so the big fight scene was arranged to the cut we see in the movie.
    I thought it was because ford couldn't use a sword and they didn't have time to train him...

Feedback

While filming a scene for Chinatown, Roman Polanski wouldn’t allow a bathroom break for Faye Dunaway. In protest, she shat and pissed in a coffee cup and threw it in his face.
    one girl one cup

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I thought it was because ford couldn't use a sword and they didn't have time to train him...
    I watched it somewhere recently. Mine might have been something on you tube tho.

Banned

Lassies real name was Pal. And he died when he was 18. Good innings doggy

When Mel Blanc (original voice of Bugs Bunny) was in a coma, doctors were only able to speak to him when they addressed him as “Bugs Bunny” (and he responded as the character).
    Just googled it. That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Just googled it. That is true.
    His first words when he came out of the coma and saw the doctor standing over him were "what's up Doc?"

International

Fedora hat.

Also the scene where he shot the sword fighter was done cos on the day Harrison Ford had a bad guts, so the big fight scene was arranged to the cut we see in the movie.
    I tend to agree with that but the version I heard was they shot the scene all of one day and the next day the director still wasn't happy and decided he wanted to do it more.
    ford felt terrible so half way through the take he just drew the gun and 'shot' the guy. apparently it wasn't rehearsed or scripted.

Not related to this but I had no idea yale college, one of the most well known in the world, is named after a welshman.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Not film but "Jim Broadbent was originally meant to be 'Del boy' Trotter before it was offered to David Jason.
    He obviously then went on to play Slater.
    Corrected for me

Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) was accompanied by armed bodyguards who wore brightly-coloured vests while in the forests of the Pacific Northwest filming scenes because hunters were shooting at him as they thought he was Bigfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I tend to agree with that but the version I heard was they shot the scene all of one day and the next day the director still wasn't happy and decided he wanted to do it more.
    ford felt terrible so half way through the take he just drew the gun and 'shot' the guy. apparently it wasn't rehearsed or scripted.
    Apparently they didn't bother to get blank rounds for that film and when Ford ad-libbed shooting the Arab sword guy he was struck in the femoral artery and bled out on set but because the shoot was in the Middle East they just shoved the corpse into a nearby open sewer and tossed the widow a few shekels for her trouble.

This enabled her to upgrade from a hole in the ground to a lean-to and she said "It was the happiest day of my life, not only because we now had cover from the rain but also because neither myself or my daughter had to put up with his stinking, oniony dick every evening".

Those are her words, don't shoot the messenger.

Lassies real name was Pal. And he died when he was 18. Good innings doggy
    The only actor to wear a fur coat in every film.

His first words when he came out of the coma and saw the doctor standing over him were "what's up Doc?"
    And his last words were "That's all, folks!" To which the doctor replied, "Hang on a sec, Porky Pig says that, not Bugs Bunny"

The doctor pulled the life support plug immediately as Yahweh commands in the Torah that no man shall impersonate a pig.

Harry Secombe was offered the part of Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and 15% of the box office takings of the movies, but turned it down because he can't read. The 15% ended up being nearly 450 million dollars.

Fat, racist politician Dianne Abbott once dated Anthony Hopkins. She ended the relationship because she couldn't seperate him from Hannibal Lecter.

Banned

Samuel l Jackson asked to be in Star wars and didn't want any money. As long as he had a purple lightsaber

When filming in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, Ewan McGregor kept imitating the noise of the lightsaber during his fights. George Lucas explained many times that this would be added in by the special effects people later on. Ewan said "I can't help it yer c*nt"

Banned

Yodas nob is 1.5 inches long on the soft. And grows a mere .2 of an inch when aroused. As is usually the case when you are 900 years old you reach.
    Innit BLUETIT.

Banned

Steve R was originally cast as the lead role for the wedding singer.
    But they gave Adam Sandler the role cos Steve's sub woofers were from home bargains and required 12 aa batteries. This would have took the movie over an already tight budget.