+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Film 17

Film 17

Tried to amend the thread title from film 16 to film 17 on the thread set up last year but failed abysmally.
    So new thread for the new year innit

Re: Film 17

Can I just be the first to say that I recently watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe.
    Really good, tight little horror film. just over an hour and twenty in length and for the first 30mins you could be watching CSI or something like that, then the horror starts creeping in.
    no jump scares, just creepy and unsettling.

This is what Stephen King had to say about it, which made me seek it out.

Stephen King ‏@StephenKing Jan 11
    THE AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE: Visceral horror to rival ALIEN and early Cronenberg. Watch it, but not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Can I just be the first to say that I recently watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe.
    Really good, tight little horror film. just over an hour and twenty in length and for the first 30mins you could be watching CSI or something like that, then the horror starts creeping in.
    no jump scares, just creepy and unsettling.

This is what Stephen King had to say about it, which made me seek it out.

Stephen King ‏@StephenKing Jan 11
    THE AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE: Visceral horror to rival ALIEN and early Cronenberg. Watch it, but not alone.
    Damn that sounds good, must check that bad boy out..

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Damn that sounds good, must check that bad boy out..

I have actually grabbed it to watch later so I'll come back and post my thoughts on it.

Sounds good Colonel. Have you watched Under The Shadow?

I have actually grabbed it to watch later so I'll come back and post my thoughts on it.
    Hope you enjoy it, its not really up there with Alien but its the best horror I've seen in ages, and I'm a fan of horror, just fed up with jump scares.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Sounds good Colonel. Have you watched Under The Shadow?
    Just Googled it, looks like it has favourable reviews, no I haven't seen it. Hadn't heard of it till you mentioned it, might take a look.

Hope you enjoy it, its not really up there with Alien but its the best horror I've seen in ages, and I'm a fan of horror, just fed up with jump scares.
    Same as me, a few weeks ago I found a thread on Reddit that listed a bunch of horror films that didn't rely on jump scares and ended up watching quite a few but the only one that stood out was "1408", based on a Stephen King short story.

I've still got a horror film from that list called "Stir of Echoes" to watch.

Also, I remember watching a good horror film a good few years ago that had (yum) Nicole Kidman in it. Can't remember what it was called though.

Just Googled Stir of Echoes and realised I did actually watch it. Not too memorable a film as you can imagine.

How can I find it on kodi?

Same as me, a few weeks ago I found a thread on Reddit that listed a bunch of horror films that didn't rely on jump scares and ended up watching quite a few but the only one that stood out was "1408", based on a Stephen King short story.

I've still got a horror film from that list called "Stir of Echoes" to watch.

Also, I remember watching a good horror film a good few years ago that had (yum) Nicole Kidman in it. Can't remember what it was called though.
    The Others?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0230600/?ref_=nm_knf_i2

Richyrich

The Others?

Watched Hell or High Water that Welshyoot recommended in the Film 16 thread. Really good film, some great dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    The Others?

Watched Hell or High Water that Welshyoot recommended in the Film 16 thread. Really good film, some great dialogue.
    Will look out for it. Need to get around to watching Incendies which was also recommended on t'other thread

Yeah that's it. 2001 Nicole Kidman was an Uber-babe.

I watched Bone Tomahawk with Kurt Russell, that's sort of a horror and it was pretty good. It's on Netflix.

I thought "Silence" was good but my Missus hated it and said it was boring.
    But then again she thinks Amy Schumer is funny.

Stumbled on Saving Mr Banks the other day. What a pleasant surprise, thoroughly enjoyed it! Made me want to try Mary Poppins for the first time since I was about 5.

That lasted about 5 minutes

I watched Bone Tomahawk with Kurt Russell, that's sort of a horror and it was pretty good. It's on Netflix.
    Yeah a good film but a bit brutal in places

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Stumbled on Saving Mr Banks the other day. What a pleasant surprise, thoroughly enjoyed it! Made me want to try Mary Poppins for the first time since I was about 5.

That lasted about 5 minutes
    Saving Mr Banks was excellent. I didn't expect to enjoy it - but I was totally absorbed by the story and the performances. Great writing too.

Can confirm, that was a great horror film, enjoyed it muchly.

Can confirm, that was a great horror film, enjoyed it muchly.

Best I've seen in quite a while.
    Old fashioned creepy.

Seen La La Land 3 times in the past week, an absolutely gorgeous film that takes you on a journey and forget about all the shit going on in the world for two hours...

I had free tickets for a preview screening of this and it was billed as a western.

So I went with my old mother.

Error.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I had free tickets for a preview screening of this and it was billed as a western.

So I went with my old mother.

Error.
    Oh God. That film has some of the most horrific scenes in it.

Oh God. That film has some of the most horrific scenes in it.
    Yep

By the end though we were just laughing.

It does well at building tension all throughout it.