+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Film 17

Re: Film 17

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Gerald's Game on Netflix is an excellent adaptation of a really underrated Stephen King book.

Big horror fan but one scene had me looking away from the tele,thats not happened in a while.
    Going to watch this. Just watched It Follows on Netflix. It’s decent but not as good as it’s reviews in my opinion.

The serpent and the rainbow. I cant seem to find it up anywhere,. Remember seeing it as a youngster n it stuck with me. Jacob's Ladder similar. Got me interested.

I see that the new Trainspotting film is now being shown on Sky,is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I see that the new Trainspotting film is now being shown on Sky,is it any good?
    It's really good, tidy soundtrack too including The Rubberbandits brilliant track Dad's best friend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYgPznBrjiA

Just watched Brawl in cellblock 99

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5657856/

Made by the same director who made the much loved Bone Tomahawk.
    Really good film, takes a while to get going but once it does its really full on.
    Vince Vaughn is excellent and if you thought bone tomahawk was violent wait until you see this, there are scenes of violence in this I've never seen in a film before.
    As a huge horror and grindhouse/exploitation cinema fan you think you've seen everything there is to see in shocking scenes but this goes that little bit extra.
    Cant wait to see what he does next.

Just had to sit through the new Thor film and was surprised just how watchable it was. Some actually funny scenes in it, oddly enough. Two hours zoomed by. Nice looking young lady in the film too - Tessa Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Just had to sit through the new Thor film and was surprised just how watchable it was. Some actually funny scenes in it, oddly enough. Two hours zoomed by. Nice looking young lady in the film too - Tessa Thompson.
    Thank god I just read this, going tomorrow with an old friend who wants to watch it, not my thing at all, but if it is watchable then it will blow all my expectations

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Thank god I just read this, going tomorrow with an old friend who wants to watch it, not my thing at all, but if it is watchable then it will blow all my expectations
    A bloke came to the Cinema this evening and asked is it a kids film? I explained it is a Marvel film. Super hero kind of thing. He decided to watch. As he left he came up to me and said he thought it was excellent.

Blue in the Face

This documentary is totally amazing!! On Netflix....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    This documentary is totally amazing!! On Netflix....

Its on my watchlist waiting for a quiet time to settle down with this.
    Also recently watched Sorcerer for the first time, astonishing film, so tense.
    Cant believe its taken this long to watch it, brilliant.

I am always asked what I want for Christmas. Based upon recommendations on here I have asked for the following:

Sorcerer
    Hell or High Water
    Hidden Figures
    The Autopsy of Jane Doe

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I am always asked what I want for Christmas. Based upon recommendations on here I have asked for the following:

Sorcerer
    Hell or High Water
    Hidden Figures
    The Autopsy of Jane Doe
    Last time I took 'must buy' advice from this board I ended up with a lifetime supply of coconut oil. Resist, and accept the socks with a smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

Sorcerer
    Hell or High Water
    Hidden Figures
    The Autopsy of Jane Doe
    Autopsy of Jane Doe is hitting Netflix in December.

Full list
    http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/n...-december-2017

Blue in the Face

Its on my watchlist waiting for a quiet time to settle down with this.
    Also recently watched Sorcerer for the first time, astonishing film, so tense.
    Cant believe its taken this long to watch it, brilliant.
    I should say on the doc - you really should see "Man in the Moon" before this doc if you haven't already. I know Carrey is a bit of a love him / hate him actor but I think it's the part he ever got.

Good to hear you enjoyed Sorcerer It took me years too as it didn't get a release over here and obsure dvd imports were north of fifty quid for years.

Autopsy of Jane Doe is hitting Netflix in December.

Full list
    http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/n...-december-2017
    Great. Thanks Charlie

Just watched Brawl in cellblock 99

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5657856/

Made by the same director who made the much loved Bone Tomahawk.
    Really good film, takes a while to get going but once it does its really full on.
    Vince Vaughn is excellent and if you thought bone tomahawk was violent wait until you see this, there are scenes of violence in this I've never seen in a film before.
    As a huge horror and grindhouse/exploitation cinema fan you think you've seen everything there is to see in shocking scenes but this goes that little bit extra.
    Cant wait to see what he does next.
    Watched this on the weekend **** you wouldn't want to mess with that guy the bit towards the end shit got real

I thought Hacksaw Ridge was excellent

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Watched this on the weekend **** you wouldn't want to mess with that guy the bit towards the end shit got real
    When it really gets going it is genuinely mental, how some of that got passed uncut is bizarre.
    Cracking film though.

Saw Star Wars today, not really all that impressed, without wishing to get into spoilers, the pacing was all over the shop and it ended half an hour after it should have

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Saw Star Wars today, not really all that impressed, without wishing to get into spoilers, the pacing was all over the shop and it ended half an hour after it should have
    Hmmm. I'm going tomorrow. From what I have read most of the film critics rate it, but the public is luke warm ('Use the Force, Luke!')

Saw it yesterday, really enjoyed it. Middle film in a trilogy is usually a bit tricky i thought this carried it off well, though i do agree its a bit too long, not sure what i would cut out though.

Saw it yesterday, really enjoyed it. Middle film in a trilogy is usually a bit tricky i thought this carried it off well, though i do agree its a bit too long, not sure what i would cut out though.
    I have a pretty decent idea regarding what I think they could have cut out, but I'd have to see it again to be sure, its a decent enough film but its no Empire Strikes Back which is what I've seen and heard it compared to

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I have a pretty decent idea regarding what I think they could have cut out, but I'd have to see it again to be sure, its a decent enough film but its no Empire Strikes Back which is what I've seen and heard it compared to
    Yeah its no Empire.
    From most reviews I've seen from the general public, the majority who have seen it a second time have enjoyed it more on that viewing,Theres certainly bits that could have been trimmed and tightened up but because of the way it was structured i cant see any actual storyline cuts they could have made, everything had to fit to come together at the films end, which i think it did, just.

Watched shot caller last night definitely recommend

Yeah its no Empire.
    From most reviews I've seen from the general public, the majority who have seen it a second time have enjoyed it more on that viewing,Theres certainly bits that could have been trimmed and tightened up but because of the way it was structured i cant see any actual storyline cuts they could have made, everything had to fit to come together at the films end, which i think it did, just.
    Seen it five times now and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I work at the local cinema before someone says "if it is so bad why do you keep watching it"!! It is at best boring and needs 45 mins trimming off it. There are so many holes in the plot it is unreal. Without any spoilers - what was the whole point of 'that' mission? It produced nothing but dragged the film out.