+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Film 17

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blue in the Face

Re: Film 17

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    I didn't think it was that pointed - it's easy to see how you could come to that conclusion but it could be argued to be quite the opposite. I thought this was a good film overall, really enjoyed it.

Argo was shite mind
    Argo was shite I agree, but that's the kind of standard you get when the CIA try and make films I guess .

I'm not saying that The Arrival was bad at all. Actually found it quite interesting. But Mrs R was making the point that it was blatant agitprop which I thought it was too.

Blog Entries

Re: Film 17

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Loved the Shallows, introduced my 12 y/o to Bladerunner last week and it really stands up.

So many different versions though, I think we watched the final cut version as I had seen the others in the cinema.
    Not sure if its the best version though.
    It was ok but I've never watched a shark film that beats Jaws, without John Williams doing the soundtrack I doubt I ever will tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Argo was shite I agree, but that's the kind of standard you get when the CIA try and make films I guess .

I'm not saying that The Arrival was bad at all. Actually found it quite interesting. But Mrs R was making the point that it was blatant agitprop which I thought it was too.
    I did too, I've always been interested in how they translate ancient languages and stuff like that so I thought it was a good idea for a film but by the end I was googling 'the tower of babel'

Not a film but we watched the first two episodes of 'Sneaky Pete' last night, great cast and story, can tell already that we are going to love it.