+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Film 17

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Film 17

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Yep, watched it over the weekend.
    Fantastic film, brilliantly done and seriously creepy in all the right places. Quite funny at times as well.
    Yep. About 2/3's the way through I thought it was going to have a pretty run of the mill ending.

It pulls the rug from under your feet.

The horror dawns on you

I saw this last night:

Free State Of Jones.jpg

A fascinating but brutal story of Confederate deserters, runaway slaves and poor white farmers creating their own state in part of Mississippi towards the end of the civil war in opposition to the Confederacy. It is based on a true story, and the DVD documentary extras tell it brilliantly. The end of the civil war was just the start of their fight against the KKK and racist state laws. Well worth watching - though I don't know how it got away with a 15 cert.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I saw this last night:

Free State Of Jones.jpg

A fascinating but brutal story of Confederate deserters, runaway slaves and poor white farmers creating their own state in part of Mississippi towards the end of the civil war in opposition to the Confederacy. It is based on a true story, and the DVD documentary extras tell it brilliantly. The end of the civil war was just the start of their fight against the KKK and racist state laws. Well worth watching - though I don't know how it got away with a 15 cert.
    You are actually Joe Bennett and I claim my five pounds..