+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Film 17

Re: Film 17

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Seen it five times now and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I work at the local cinema before someone says "if it is so bad why do you keep watching it"!! It is at best boring and needs 45 mins trimming off it. There are so many holes in the plot it is unreal. Without any spoilers - what was the whole point of 'that' mission? It produced nothing but dragged the film out.
    I think it was just to put the characters in a position of peril at the end of it so the other thing going in the pods has a purpose.

Also as the director has his own trilogy to come that has nothing to do with the Skywalkers then i would bet that the very final scene is a part of that.

Obviously we could be talking about a completely different mission....

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Seen it five times now and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I work at the local cinema before someone says "if it is so bad why do you keep watching it"!! It is at best boring and needs 45 mins trimming off it. There are so many holes in the plot it is unreal. Without any spoilers - what was the whole point of 'that' mission? It produced nothing but dragged the film out.
    They also completely bottled some interesting ideas regarding some of the main characters

Saw ‘Wonder’ this week. I’m a bit of a softy, but it’s the best feel good film I’ve seen since Silver Linings Playbook. Defy you not to cry

Just seen the new Jumanji.
    It was surprisingly enjoyable, would recommend people to see it over Christmas if they’re bored with the kids.

EDIT - Karen Gillan is absolutely gorgeous in it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Last time I took 'must buy' advice from this board I ended up with a lifetime supply of coconut oil. Resist, and accept the socks with a smile!
    coconut oil quality
    that could only be..................

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Watched shot caller last night definitely recommend
    Yeah really good film mate. I had to get passed the worn out 'had the perfect life that changed over night' bollocks at the beginning but I really enjoyed it after that.

Autopsy of Jane Doe. Nice and creepy with one particular moment that really made me jump. Well worth a watch if you like horror films

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Just watched Brawl in cellblock 99

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5657856/

Made by the same director who made the much loved Bone Tomahawk.
    Really good film, takes a while to get going but once it does its really full on.
    Vince Vaughn is excellent and if you thought bone tomahawk was violent wait until you see this, there are scenes of violence in this I've never seen in a film before.
    As a huge horror and grindhouse/exploitation cinema fan you think you've seen everything there is to see in shocking scenes but this goes that little bit extra.
    Cant wait to see what he does next.
    Absolute pile of shite film. Me and the Mrs just stayed up watching this crap expecting lots of blood and gore, but the props were so bad, I could have made them better myself. 5/10 for me.
    And 3/10 for Mrs Bob

Just given up watching John Wick. What a load of rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I have a pretty decent idea regarding what I think they could have cut out, but I'd have to see it again to be sure, its a decent enough film but its no Empire Strikes Back which is what I've seen and heard it compared to
    Really didn't like it. Just before going in, I heard people on a podcast rating it higher than Empire Strikes Back, so my expectations were, perhaps, too high.

The pacing was poor, too many jokes, most being Disneyesque and cute, some too corny.

My other issues contain spoilers.

Good movie? Yes. Groundbreaking? No. Not as good as Rogue One. Possibly not as good as The Force Awakens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Just seen the new Jumanji.
    It was surprisingly enjoyable, would recommend people to see it over Christmas if they’re bored with the kids.

EDIT - Karen Gillan is absolutely gorgeous in it as well.
    We saw Ferdinand - typical animated fare with some good jokes, a nice storyline. Looked really good on the eye too. Would recommend for anyone with young kids.

Gone Girl is currently on BBC Iplayer, one of my favourite films

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Gone Girl is currently on BBC Iplayer, one of my favourite films
    I know it follows the book but I’m just not satisfied with the ending

Rosamund Pike is gorgeous though as is Emily Ratajkowski.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I know it follows the book but I’m just not satisfied with the ending

Rosamund Pike is gorgeous though as is Emily Ratajkowski.
    The lack of justice Infuriates me too! but being angry when I left the theatre I knew it was a good film, because I cared enough to be angry about it lol

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Absolute pile of shite film. Me and the Mrs just stayed up watching this crap expecting lots of blood and gore, but the props were so bad, I could have made them better myself. 5/10 for me.
    And 3/10 for Mrs Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just given up watching John Wick. What a load of rubbish.
    You people are killing me here..
    Brawl in cellblock and John Wick are 2 of my favorite films of the last few years...
    Bloody 'ell....

I think its time for film 18 now pearcey.
    Its been your thread since 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I think its time for film 18 now pearcey.
    Its been your thread since 16.
    Yep will sort out Charlie