+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bye bye Novak

Bye bye Novak

Djokovic knocked out of Aussie open by an Uzbekistani player ranked outside the top 100

Re: Bye bye Novak

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Djokovic knocked out of Aussie open by an Uzbekistani player ranked outside the top 100
    His invincibility seems to be slipping. Could this open the way for Murray to win the elusive Aussie slam?

Beaten by a wild card entrant, let's hope that Murray can take full advantage of it

Aye, nothing standing in Murray's way now...

Murray probably has two years max to take advantage of Novak's decline before he suffers it himself. Although they are such similar ages that even two years might be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    His invincibility seems to be slipping. Could this open the way for Murray to win the elusive Aussie slam?
    BIG chance for Sir Andy though if he does win it, he will more than likely offer a few scares along the way

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I thought Djokovic was in the top 2, I hadn't realised he had slipped outside of the top 100

Thought this was going to be about Kim leaving us (stiffy of the day)

Surely not with Djokovic (he wouldn't be that daft), but I must admit that my first thought turned to this story when I heard today's result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/35319202

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surely not with Djokovic (he wouldn't be that daft), but I must admit that my first thought turned to this story when I heard today's result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/35319202
    I cant see anyone offering Djokovic enough money for him to fix a match, he has amassed over $100m prize money alone and is earnings outside the sport are well above that.

Novak has been poor since after the French open, maybe he has eased off the training, with his main objectives achieved. Manybe his mobility has gone.

Its clear that the bbc are using some players in the top 50, it means that some players who touch the top 50 sometime and with the pressure and cost of having to tour the world to compete are tempted by the money to fix a match.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I cant see anyone offering Djokovic enough money for him to fix a match, he has amassed over $100m prize money alone and is earnings outside the sport are well above that.

Novak has been poor since after the French open, maybe he has eased off the training, with his main objectives achieved. Manybe his mobility has gone.

Its clear that the bbc are using some players in the top 50, it means that some players who touch the top 50 sometime and with the pressure and cost of having to tour the world to compete are tempted by the money to fix a match.
    It also says Grand Slam winners - though my guess is that these are more likely to be Doubles winners.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It also says Grand Slam winners - though my guess is that these are more likely to be Doubles winners.
    There are many options, maybe mixed doubles.

There is an opportunity of match fixing in any sport, but it usually happens with players who are feeling the financial pressure of the sport.

International

Novak gone. How sad, what a pity, never mind!!!

It means where ever Sir finishes the gap from him to Novak in second place in the standings will widen.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    BIG chance for Sir Andy though if he does win it, he will more than likely offer a few scares along the way