+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good riddance Obama

Re: Good riddance Obama

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    So, yet again, those representing what should be a vibrant opposition to the thinking behind much of what the populist "backlash" of 2016 is formed on show their complete inability to react as they should be doing to the Trump's, Farage's etc. of this world - the millions throughout the world who worry about where we are heading deserve better than they are getting from the so called "progressive" side of the political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, yet again, those representing what should be a vibrant opposition to the thinking behind much of what the populist "backlash" of 2016 is formed on show their complete inability to react as they should be doing to the Trump's, Farage's etc. of this world - the millions throughout the world who worry about where we are heading deserve better than they are getting from the so called "progressive" side of the political spectrum.

Karma is the great law of "cause and effect", of "action and reaction", which controls the destiny of all living entities.

This great law functions on the principle, that any action performed produces an equal and opposite reaction, which directly influences our very existence.

Karma, like time and gravity, is a universal principle and every one is effected by its influence. While the law of physics applies to the interaction of material objects only, the law of karma however, applies to any action performed by living entities and governs the interrelations of all living beings. The state laws for example, are grossly observed; but the law of material nature [karma] being subtle to our gross understanding, cannot be experienced grossly or understood by mental speculation.

Well I agree with many if his points.

The US system is corrupt and the democratic primaries was rigged. In some parts of New York even as a registered democrat you couldn't even vote for Bernie.

Clinton represents everything I hate in politics - elitist, arrogant, untrustworthy etc and its true that Trump is 'seen' as an antidote to Clinton and the political elite.

Where I disagree with pilger is that it almost has nothing to do with political ideologies.

I don't see any liberal tendencies in the democratic party. For me the Democratic Party is more right leaning to be considered 'liberal'.

Regardless of your pilitical tendencies Obama seemed like a lovely guy stuck in a corrupt system. Where clinton represented a corrupt politician in a corrupt system.

Really America.. Your antidote to a corrupt system was Trump? Sadly by the time the candidates were 'chosen' Trump and Clinton represented the 'best' America had to offer.... God help us all.

While Pilger refers to Clinton as a warmonger its Trump who will now lead the world into very uncertain times and an increased conflict ridden generation

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Why would he be any different?
    Because that's the reason he won isn't it - or at least that's what I keep on hearing from people who voted for him.

Karma is the great law of "cause and effect", of "action and reaction", which controls the destiny of all living entities.

This great law functions on the principle, that any action performed produces an equal and opposite reaction, which directly influences our very existence.

Karma, like time and gravity, is a universal principle and every one is effected by its influence. While the law of physics applies to the interaction of material objects only, the law of karma however, applies to any action performed by living entities and governs the interrelations of all living beings. The state laws for example, are grossly observed; but the law of material nature [karma] being subtle to our gross understanding, cannot be experienced grossly or understood by mental speculation.

Could you translate please.

Could you translate please.

What goes around comes around

Blog Entries

Because that's the reason he won isn't it - or at least that's what I keep on hearing from people who voted for him.
    Oh I see what you mean, I thought you meant I was a fan of his or something he may appear to be different but I don't think he is.

Oh I see what you mean, I thought you meant I was a fan of his or something he may appear to be different but I don't think he is.
    Agreed .

Minutes from the Movement to fight Trump coalition meeting 21/1/17 = Nothing to report as far as policies go, but did you see the video of that guy (or girl) punching the white supremacist - great wasn't it.

Meeting ended, it was agreed the next meeting would be held on 21/1/20.

One would hope.
    Seems that once 'they' get to a certain level, where any embarrassment they cause or experience might also be deemed a National embarrassment, they get protected from karma.

Just being the president of the US and all that comes with it, they are all the same to me.
    I think its a question of scale. If you're saying that all presidents, prime ministers and governments fib and exaggerate so what Trump is doing is no different to them, then thats true. But the scale on which Trump has told flat out lies is incredible. This isn't merely spin, where you make something appear the way you want it to.

Just yesterday, his press secretary (Sean Spicer) came out and said that the inaugration was the biggest ever, which it clearly wasn't, and walked off without taking questions. At the same time, Trump is saying there were 1-1.5 million people there, which there clearly weren't, and the crowd stretched back to the memorial, which it definitely didn't. He has said the photos of the event, which were released by the government themselves, are fake.

Taken on its own, who cares if they fib about the crowd size but this is not happening in isolation.

If you have a president/government that flat out lies and then refuses to be accountable by answering questions on what they are doing, or even responding to people who say "that's a lie", then it's a very dangerous situation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think its a question of scale. If you're saying that all presidents, prime ministers and governments fib and exaggerate so what Trump is doing is no different to them, then thats true. But the scale on which Trump has told flat out lies is incredible. This isn't merely spin, where you make something appear the way you want it to.

Just yesterday, his press secretary (Sean Spicer) came out and said that the inaugration was the biggest ever, which it clearly wasn't, and walked off without taking questions. At the same time, Trump is saying there were 1-1.5 million people there, which there clearly weren't, and the crowd stretched back to the memorial, which it definitely didn't. He has said the photos of the event, which were released by the government themselves, are fake.

Taken on its own, who cares if they fib about the crowd size but this is not happening in isolation.

If you have a president/government that flat out lies and then refuses to be accountable by answering questions on what they are doing, or even responding to people who say "that's a lie", then it's a very dangerous situation.
    I was thinking along the lines of what you said at the top when I first said it, the thing is I see them all as lying puppets so in that sense they are all the same to me, thinking about it more and digesting all the news it seems to me that Trump is just a different kind of puppet, a dangerous one, I need to put my dialectical head on and think about it more tbh

There is a school of thought (and not one I nessecarily subscribe to) that this obvious lie about attendance is designed to further drive a wedge between the population and the mainstream media.
    Most people will believe the media, and what they've seen with their own eyes, but a small but significant section of people will choose to believe the lie and therefore turn even more away from the media.
    This makes them more beholden to the people in power, and easier to control.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There is a school of thought (and not one I nessecarily subscribe to) that this obvious lie about attendance is designed to further drive a wedge between the population and the mainstream media.
    Most people will believe the media, and what they've seen with their own eyes, but a small but significant section of people will choose to believe the lie and therefore turn even more away from the media.
    This makes them more beholden to the people in power, and easier to control.
    I can buy into it. Another theory is that this is seen as a 'who can we trust' exercise from the White House. Who is with us and against us, which side are people on.

I can buy into it. Another theory is that this is seen as a 'who can we trust' exercise from the White House. Who is with us and against us, which side are people on.
    You are beginning to sound like a conspiracy theorist

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You are beginning to sound like a conspiracy theorist
    Remember me saying if anyone on here was going to become one it would be Lardy?

I feel like I've been scouted

Isn't it anybody who opposes the views of those in power is a conspiracy theorist?

Blog Entries

It was a compliment.

Isn't it anybody who opposes the views of those in power is a conspiracy theorist?
    It's just a negative term to lump us all together.

It was a compliment.

It's just a negative term to lump us all together.
    You mean lump all those anti-Trump conspiracy theorists together

That's a conspiracy theory.

Banned

Groomed.

Blog Entries

You mean lump all those anti-Trump conspiracy theorists together
    The fake ones or the fake fake ones? don't trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Groomed.
    He wouldn't take much grooming, neither would you if truth be told.