Others may disagree, but it always seemed to me that there were three main arguments for voting leave in the referendum;-

1. Economic.
2. Sovereignty.
3. Control of our borders - immigration.

The first issue was the one which got me pretty close to voting leave, but I always felt that, if Leave was to win, it would be issue three that would do it for them.

After May's speech, it's obvious that the immigration issue is the one that is dictating the Government approach to the Brexit negotiations with important aspects of the financial side of things being sacrificed because this would mean that we could lose the control of own borders aspect.

If I'm right about how leave voters looked at the three main arguments for Brexit, then I think there will be broad agreement among them about the way the Government are prioritising immigration, but I don't see how too many of the 48% who voted remain (or the millions who did not vote either way) will have been won over by May's rhetoric because, in my opinion, a divided country will only become more divided after that speech. Yes, many Remain voters (including myself) accept the result and now want the leaving process to begin, but I feel worse about the future after having heard what the Prime Minister had to say than I did before her speech.