Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Desert Island Discs 75th anniversary
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38678970

Can he be left there?
    I hope so and that he takes that clothes horse of a wife of his with him

Re: Beckham to be "castaway"

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I hope so and that he takes that clothes horse of a wife of his with him
    I like the lad I think in the world of footy he has been a good example to younger players on how to behave , never massively talented, lacked pace, but what he did he did well and dedicated himself to those tasks for club or country , took the opportunities to better himself in areas such as public appearances and speaking , and moving at the right time, should be knighted .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I like the lad I think in the world of footy he has been a good example to younger players on how to behave , never massively talented, lacked pace, but what he did he did well and dedicated himself to those tasks for club or country , took the opportunities to better himself in areas such as public appearances and speaking , and moving at the right time, should be knighted .
    A fair assessment

Yep. Pretty close to the mark.

I don't get all the hype over Beckham. There have been many far better players than him, I guess it's more to do with his looks, wife/celeb status and "ambassador" role?

He's the only English player to be sent-off twice for his country and was the first ever English captain to get sent-off.
    Last edited by Baloo; 20-01-17 at 12:20.

I don't really get the Beckham thing either. My wife, who is otherwise level headed and disinterested in celeb culture, seems to think the sun shines out of his undoubtedly pert derrière.
    When I asked what was his appeal other than looks, she tells me that he seems to be a great example of a family man.

Really.... :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with passion and wanting to win , sending off incidents can be precarious decisions, and his weren't toe curling events

I like the fella too, seems a down to earth type as much as he can be. We've all made mistakes in our lives, and he seems human enough to crack on with his.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    I like the fella too, seems a down to earth type as much as he can be. We've all made mistakes in our lives, and he seems human enough to crack on with his.
    TBF, that's a fair outlook and summary.
    I still can't get the fuss about him or Victoria , nor their kids, but hey that is celeb culture I guess.