+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Healey with City for the rest of the season, 'poor bugger'

Healey with City for the rest of the season, 'poor bugger'

“I was tempted not to use him (Healey) today because it means he can't go out on loan now with that rule about playing for more than two teams," admitted Neil Warnock.

"And I didn't want to spoil it for him, but I'm afraid I was a bit selfish today! But no regrets there.

"He's stuck with us under the end of the season now, poor bugger!

“That's probably the best three points since I've been at the club.

"You can talk about your Bristol City derbies, but I said to the lads at half time I thought first half we played without any forwards, we played with eight men and three who just stood out there.

“These kind of wins, as a manager, they're the best wins ever!

"When it's a scrappy, horrible game, but thank goodness Rhys came on and scored the winner. There was nothing other than the three points and Rhys scoring the winner to get tongues wagging."

Re: Healey with City for the rest of the season, 'poor bugger'

Before his arrival here I was never a Warnock admirer but it's plain there's nothing like experience to equip you to make such telling comments. It quietly acknowledges his own ability to see what's in front of him whilst motivating fans, players and Rhys Healey who, I imagine we all feel deserves more chances than he's been given so far.

Following swiftly his meeting with the owner, this third win on the bounce must surely encourage Tan to believe he's got the right man this time and to go again next season.

As I said earlier 'Well done Mr Warnock'

Re: Healey with City for the rest of the season, 'poor bugger'

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Before his arrival here I was never a Warnock admirer but it's plain there's nothing like experience to equip you to make such telling comments. It quietly acknowledges his own ability to see what's in front of him whilst motivating fans, players and Rhys Healey who, I imagine we all feel deserves more chances than he's been given so far.

Following swiftly his meeting with the owner, this third win on the bounce must surely encourage Tan to believe he's got the right man this time and to go again next season.

As I said earlier 'Well done Mr Warnock'
    Spot on!