+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Three wins on the trot for Cardiff City thanks to “Man of the Match” Rhys Healey.

Three wins on the trot for Cardiff City thanks to “Man of the Match” Rhys Healey.

Re: Three wins on the trot for Cardiff City thanks to “Man of the Match” Rhys Healey.

Interesting read. I'm not convinced Warnock got it all right. There were two or three occasions when Burton seemed completely unable to clear their penalty area. They defended like kids. That was how our goal came. In retrospect, we should just have loaded the penalty area and lumped the ball in.I feel a little smug as from the 80th minute, I thought we're going to win this.

Did we string four passes together?

Re: Three wins on the trot for Cardiff City thanks to “Man of the Match” Rhys Healey.

Zahore had been holding his back for at least 5 minutes before he was substituted. I'm pretty sure he'd taken a whack at some point from Big Ben - hence the Lambert substitution.

Bloody hell Lambert looked so slow when he came on. His touch to bring down one of countless punts downfield was sublime and then he played an immediate ball 20 yards to nobody. I'm hoping Zahore is fit for Tuesday and Saturday as there will be a lot of running without the ball required especially as their centre backs will be adding to the midfield whilst carrying the ball forward.

Thats what struck me about yesterday - despite minimal pressure around the pitch from an about to be relegated Burton side our players were under obvious instruction to 'get rid' at the earliest moment into the channels for Zahore to close down. With huge centre backs opposing him I'm not sure this was a Warnock tactical masterclass. I think Whittingham would have picked them apart.

The only 'footballer' on the pitch was the Burton no16 Matty Palmer who looked a cultured young player.

But as they say a win's a win and if Zahore is injured I think Healey will be a better option than Lambert in the next two games .

A good write up.
    I can understand where Warnock is coming from when he talks about the difficulty of playing when we are 'favourites' - in other words where the opponents are going to play with 8 or 9 men behind the ball. However, it says a lot about the quality of our squad that when space is tight and a close passing game is needed to find a way through, we just can't do it..