+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ref's got a 'down' on City players?

Ref's got a 'down' on City players?

They were penalised 18 times in what was never a dirty game.

Is this because of ref's pre-perception of 'Warnock' teams?

Re: Ref's got a 'down' on City players?

The Ref allowed their central defenders to continually foul Zohore but ignored them almost every time. Whenever one of our players went to harry their player it was an instant foul and free kick.

He wasn't bad just biased. I hope he never ref's us again. Having said that we've had some shit Ref's this season. Is the standard declining?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The Ref allowed their central defenders to continually foul Zohore but ignored them almost every time. Whenever one of our players went to harry their player it was an instant foul and free kick.

He wasn't bad just biased. I hope he never ref's us again. Having said that we've had some shit Ref's this season. Is the standard declining?
    Just about to say exactly the same. Problem is you can't sound these shit refs out as a manager in case they ref you again. The league is littered with these biased or imcompetent referees

He let a lot go for both sides yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Just about to say exactly the same. Problem is you can't sound these shit refs out as a manager in case they ref you again. The league is littered with these biased or imcompetent referees
    We seem to get the biased ones and yes they do have a downer on City players

Starting to sound a bit sorry for ourselves.
    It's all a bit of nonsense going down this Rd. Decisions balance themselves out. Sometimes it takes a while, but ultimately they do.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Starting to sound a bit sorry for ourselves.
    It's all a bit of nonsense going down this Rd. Decisions balance themselves out. Sometimes it takes a while, but ultimately they do.
    No two ways about it, the ref was poor on Saturday. According to the BBC stats there were twenty nine fouls in the game and yet he failed to show a single yellow - that's just illogical and strongly suggests that he could have let a few of them go. The worst foul in the game for me was the one when a Burton player brought Kadeem Harris down in the first half after he had gone past three opponents. To use the modern vernacular, it was a classic case of a foul which falls into the "take a yellow for the team" category. Harris was breaking free about forty yards from goal with plenty of unguarded room in front of him to run into and the foul was a cyncial one. The fussy Robinson decided it did not merit a booking and, hopefully, will have been marked down by his assessor for it - as I said on my blog, the ref wasn't the reason why it was such a poor match. but he was a big contributory factor with his inability to let the game flow.

Just checked back to the Villa game when again 18 fouls were awarded against us as opposed to 14 by Villa.

And I didn't mention that the ref had words with the CC management team in the second half.

Hmm

That's the downside of being a Welsh club in an 'English' League. It's always been pretty obvious and likely to continue I'm afraid.

It's been going on for years can anyone remember Lester Shapter in the sixties/seventies I don't think we ever got a point with him in charge of the game he was a cheat. Then you had Gurnham Singh not a cheat but useless, he got things wrong for both sides on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No two ways about it, the ref was poor on Saturday. According to the BBC stats there were twenty nine fouls in the game and yet he failed to show a single yellow - that's just illogical and strongly suggests that he could have let a few of them go. The worst foul in the game for me was the one when a Burton player brought Kadeem Harris down in the first half after he had gone past three opponents. To use the modern vernacular, it was a classic case of a foul which falls into the "take a yellow for the team" category. Harris was breaking free about forty yards from goal with plenty of unguarded room in front of him to run into and the foul was a cyncial one. The fussy Robinson decided it did not merit a booking and, hopefully, will have been marked down by his assessor for it - as I said on my blog, the ref wasn't the reason why it was such a poor match. but he was a big contributory factor with his inability to let the game flow.
    I could have posted this word for word Bob if I was as articulate as you.

Banned

In the last 10 games we have been awarded 141 free kicks the free kicks awarded against us was 137.
    The refereeing seems pretty fair to me and any talk of the Ref being biased don't hold any water whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I could have posted this word for word Bob if I was as articulate as you.
    But probably in a pithy twenty-word sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    That's the downside of being a Welsh club in an 'English' League. It's always been pretty obvious and likely to continue I'm afraid.
    You don't really believe that do you?

We handballed it just outside our box - he never gave a free-kick

moments later we got given the free kick outside the box when Healey (I think it was) went down. That was a 50-50 (looked a bit soft actually) that led to the goal

The referee let a lot go on Saturday but to suggest he was biased is ridiculous

Lester Shapter and B T Stevens on the other hand were bloody awful

Lester