+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lambert

Lambert

Ok, I don't want to be the guy who is always looking for things to moan about BUT Lambert is a liability . He showed his touch hasn't deserted him by bring a ball done sublimely only to boot it in the direction of Asdas where we didn't have anyone playing yesterday or on car park duty .
    At Burton away we had been dreadful bar the fans black humour, 10 minutes to go and Lambert tried to beat his man in the midfield area , the guy took the ball off him and charged up field for another Burton attack . Lambert turned round and signallled to the bench he had had enough and wanted taken off. He should never have worn a Cardiff top again .
    I enjoy watching Zohore these days as he has won me over . Lambert never will . Lazy bastard.

Re: Lambert

I never feel like Lambert coming on is going to improve things on the pitch if we're chasing the game. The only players we have that are likely to be able have any real chance of making an impact in an attacking sense are Hoilett, Harris and Noone. Bringing in someone like Hayes would allow us to have a couple of potential game changers to come on that we needed in games like yesterdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Ok, I don't want to be the guy who is always looking for things to moan about BUT Lambert is a liability . He showed his touch hasn't deserted him by bring a ball done sublimely only to boot it in the direction of Asdas where we didn't have anyone playing yesterday or on car park duty .
    At Burton away we had been dreadful bar the fans black humour, 10 minutes to go and Lambert tried to beat his man in the midfield area , the guy took the ball off him and charged up field for another Burton attack . Lambert turned round and signallled to the bench he had had enough and wanted taken off. He should never have worn a Cardiff top again .
    I enjoy watching Zohore these days as he has won me over . Lambert never will . Lazy bastard.
    Bit harsh, simply a oldie that never had pace, picked up injuries, never fully recovered,our midfield are never near enough to him , Zohore is younger and has more pace so he can make up for the woeful midfield support by scampering around for the ball ,if Lambert was allowed to operate in the box with good supply lines he would score.

Dread to think how much he's getting paid

Don't think he's a liability what so ever it's just the way we play. His link up play is outstanding and he wins most that he tries for.

When I first heard we were in with a shout of getting him I got excited.
    Even after his first appearance, although he looked very unfit, his touch and ability to hold and retain the ball was different class. I thought with a bit of gym work he would become an asset.
    Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have joined a gym and does indeed look a bit lazy.

I suspect NW was hoping for the same and took a bit of a gamble bringing him in, in a similar way with Chamakh.
    I wouldn't go as far to say that Lambert is as much a liability as Chamakh, recalling the first time he came on as a sub for us and should have been substituted himself, but when the move breaks down, somebody else has to do that bit extra to compensate for him.

Youngsters like Healey and Kennedy could be that somebody and I reckon that if we do see Rickie play this season, it will be when we are chasing the game or job sharing with Zahore.

Lambert had to go off at Burton away as he was struggling with injury. Harsh to blame him for that.
    He'd pretty much been abandoned by the rest of the side who'd all but given up on the manager.

Yesterday he became the first to win a header against MacFazdean ( who I was impressed with ) or Turner and then, yes played an awful pass 2 minutes later. He wasn't the only one.

He's not got the legs anymore, but apart from Pilkington and Whitts with his pens and free kicks is our top scorer.

Too early to write him off

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    When I first heard we were in with a shout of getting him I got excited.
    Even after his first appearance, although he looked very unfit, his touch and ability to hold and retain the ball was different class. I thought with a bit of gym work he would become an asset.
    Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have joined a gym and does indeed look a bit lazy.

I suspect NW was hoping for the same and took a bit of a gamble bringing him in, in a similar way with Chamakh.
    I wouldn't go as far to say that Lambert is as much a liability as Chamakh, recalling the first time he came on as a sub for us and should have been substituted himself, but when the move breaks down, somebody else has to do that bit extra to compensate for him.

Youngsters like Healey and Kennedy could be that somebody and I reckon that if we do see Rickie play this season, it will be when we are chasing the game or job sharing with Zahore.
    Just to point out it wasn't NW who brought him in

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Just to point out it wasn't NW who brought him in
    Yes of course. My apologies

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bit harsh, simply a oldie that never had pace, picked up injuries, never fully recovered,our midfield are never near enough to him , Zohore is younger and has more pace so he can make up for the woeful midfield support by scampering around for the ball ,if Lambert was allowed to operate in the box with good supply lines he would score.
    You can't lose the ability. He has lost the appetite.

Would have liked to have seen Lambert play alongside Zohore yesterday, as they could've worked well together. Warnock should have taken off Hoillett and not Ken.

Looks to me like he could do with losing his appetite

His legs have gone, he offers us little if anything, I still can't believe he missed that chance against Barnsley in the last minute which would have won us the game

Get rid as soon as we can

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Would have liked to have seen Lambert play alongside Zohore yesterday, as they could've worked well together. Warnock should have taken off Hoillett and not Ken.
    I like Hoilett, but he had a poor game yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post

So true

Are you sure about this?

He was once able to put a good 90 minute shift in, now he isn't able.... Shirley?

Agree you can lose the appetite but I am not sure Lambert has lost his, he's just not as young as he used to be.

Wouldn't be sorry to see him go ...rumour is Wolves are interested if true bite their hand off !