+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Don't get toasted

Don't get toasted

Re: Don't get toasted

"(cancer-causing) Acrylamide is present in many different types of food and is a natural by-product of the cooking process.

The highest levels of the substance are found in foods with high starch content which have been cooked above 120C, such as crisps, bread, breakfast cereals, biscuits, crackers, cakes and coffee, as a result of the roasted beans."

Great, so basically just the stuff that I've consumed every single day for the last 37 years then.

With my missus' cooking, it's amazing I've lasted this long

I read the other day that cancer was basically nonexistent centuries ago.

After studying the remains of the dead they realised it is a man made disease.

Not much we can do about it as pollution is the main factor so it said.

I was always told not to eat burnt food. Especially at barbecues with my father nearly burning the village down.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    With my missus' cooking, it's amazing I've lasted this long

That's why I do 99% of the cooking in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    "(cancer-causing) Acrylamide is present in many different types of food and is a natural by-product of the cooking process.

The highest levels of the substance are found in foods with high starch content which have been cooked above 120C, such as crisps, bread, breakfast cereals, biscuits, crackers, cakes and coffee, as a result of the roasted beans."

Great, so basically just the stuff that I've consumed every single day for the last 37 years then.
    "However, Cancer Research UK said the link was not proven in humans."

Media making a mountain out of a molehill again?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I read the other day that cancer was basically nonexistent centuries ago.

After studying the remains of the dead they realised it is a man made disease.

Not much we can do about it as pollution is the main factor so it said.

I was always told not to eat burnt food. Especially at barbecues with my father nearly burning the village down.
    Not really true, many didn't live long enough for the cellular breakdown. Even now cancer rarely affects those under 60.
    Many of the unexplained deaths were also likely to have been cancer, they just didn't have a name for it or understand it.

So Browned Bread = Brown Bread