+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonight's game has shown where we need to strengthen

Tonight's game has shown where we need to strengthen

Not that we didn't know before but we are short in midfield, out wide and most importantly up top. If only we had a striker who could occasionally score we could have won that game. We are not far behind Brighton and they are top of the league.
    ps I wonder of Whitts days are numbered. We desperately need his skills in midfield , but he has last the bit of pace he had and is almost a liability. hopefully he will prove me wrong and the Reading game may suit him.

Re: Tonight's game has shown where we need to strengthen

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Not that we didn't know before but we are short in midfield, out wide and most importantly up top. If only we had a striker who could occasionally score we could have won that game. We are not far behind Brighton and they are top of the league.
    ps I wonder of Whitts days are numbered. We desperately need his skills in midfield , but he has last the bit of pace he had and is almost a liability. hopefully he will prove me wrong and the Reading game may suit him.
    It was the approach, tactics and formation that cost us the game.

When we changed formation after they scored, we looked much more threatening, but Colin clearly thought that we might sneak a win with a very defensive formation.

Zohore looked useless and Harris did better when we were forced to attack. I think that Hoilett was taken off before they scored and so spent most of the game defending.

It is difficult to assess where we need to strengthen (apart from a decent striker obviously!) when the manager takes a defensive approach to the game. I thought that everyone did OK apart from Zohore. Brighton also got a lot of joy from our left and seemed to target Harris and Richards, which clearly worked.

A GOALKEEPER WHO CAN KICK MIGHT HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It was the approach, tactics and formation that cost us the game.

When we changed formation after they scored, we looked much more threatening, but Colin clearly thought that we might sneak a win with a very defensive formation.

Zohore looked useless and Harris did better when we were forced to attack. I think that Hoilett was taken off before they scored and so spent most of the game defending.

It is difficult to assess where we need to strengthen (apart from a decent striker obviously!) when the manager takes a defensive approach to the game. I thought that everyone did OK apart from Zohore. Brighton also got a lot of joy from our left and seemed to target Harris and Richards, which clearly worked.
    Thing is that if we went there and attacked, we could easily have left ourselves more open to the counter attack and Brighton have pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Thing is that if we went there and attacked, we could easily have left ourselves more open to the counter attack and Brighton have pace.
    That is a much more eloquent way of saying what I was trying to!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    A GOALKEEPER WHO CAN KICK MIGHT HELP
    Oh God! Don't remind me of that.....

How hard can it be?!