We played for a draw and nearly got it.

Everything about the way that we set up and played indicated that this was a game that Colin reckoned that we might get a draw from or even nick a win from a set piece, and at HT the plan was working with some superb defending, and City having created the best two chances despite Brighton having all the possession.

The pattern continued after the break with City clearly slowing the game down and intent on frustrating Brighton, until the goal arrived from a neat turn and powerful shot. I thought that MacGregor could have done better but made up for it a few mins later with a good low stop at his near post.

Colin almost immediately changed formation and tactics and City looked threatening and I was left thinking what might have been had we approached the game in a more positive way.

That said Brighton are a good footballing side, playing the ball on the floor and from what I saw would be worthy of promotion.

The last point to make is that the travel arrangements to and from the ground continue to be a joke whether you drive and/or use the train from Lewes. If they DO go up they will have to get it sorted out as it is an utter shambles. They should be ashamed of themselves.