+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bluff or reality check from Warnock?

Re: A bluff or reality check from Warnock?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Maybe, just maybe we're really close to FFP this year, that if we spend any money in January, we won't be able to buy in the summer? That's one thought anyway and that if we are clever in the summer, we might be able to get through FFP next winter too? Who knows!
    The club has stated that it did not breach the FFP regulations in its May 2016 accounts, which had to be submitted to the League by 1 December. There is nothing to suggest that this is not the case as we do not seem to be under a transfer embargo in the current window.

If the club were to breach the regulations in the year to 31 May 2017 by overspending in the current window, this would not be brought to the attention of the League until December so further spending could also still take place in the Summer before then.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I get the impression that as much as "we are his kind of people", the only thing keeping Warnock away from his pipe and slippers is the prospect of mounting a promotion challenge.

For that to happen we either need to spend some money next summer.

Even if he does stay, we have to recognise that he's not a long term solution.
    The problem is that, suppose we were to get promoted, would Warnock stay around to continue the rebuilding, or are we likely to need another manager that might have totally different ideas again?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The problem is that, suppose we were to get promoted, would Warnock stay around to continue the rebuilding, or are we likely to need another manager that might have totally different ideas again?
    I think that's known as a high class problem...

Football, it's managers and owners is built on bluff, he gas to say the positive cliche stuff like "we're bringing in, or we need this and that "" to keep it all bubbling along.
    You would be a loon to buy big now and end up with crap or a no commitment type if player.
    Both the manager and club know we have enough to survive this year, but need to say the sexy stuff , to keep everyone engaged.
    To be fair Tan opened his treasure chest when he arrived they were all out of contract big earners , two have been retained , plus Harlford , and the new keeper, with the later being on a verh healthy wage .

No one has left, perhaps Manga may stay , all a bit costly me thinks, no big new inward revenue lifts since , so does FFP decide this or Tan or NW.

All bluff me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I agree, I reckon he'd retire at the top as it were. But as Penarth Blues said, nice problem to have

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What's the point in bringing in a striker for X wages a month only to cement a mid table space?

Only real benefit would be to bring someone permanently so they have time to gel with the squad.
    I agree, NW said today we are not good enough to get top 6 this season - we all know that - so whats point of risking FFP rules for a non event

Banned

Warnock is just going through the motions till the end of the season then he'll be off. He would of done what he came in to do without spending a great deal which is commendable but a complete waste of a season to us supporters.
    This will rank as one of our most negative seasons on record.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    This will rank as one of our most negative seasons on record.
    Agreed.
    After all the positivity and buzz that was flying round last season, the last few months have been dull, unproductive and dour.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    the last few months have been dull, unproductive and dour.
    Brutal but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Brutal but true.
    And Warnock has the personality of a shrivelled peanut in a puffer jacket

Banned

Last edited by Tandy; 27-01-17 at 20:32.

Agreed.
    After all the positivity and buzz that was flying round last season, the last few months have been dull, unproductive and dour.

Agreed.
    I must've missed that.