+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we recall Saadi

Can we recall Saadi

Just asking like.

Re: Can we recall Saadi

Can we recall Adam le fondre more importantly.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Yes, we need another striker that doesn't score.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Why?
    apparently.

"we need another striker that doesn't score."

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes, we need another striker that doesn't score.
    He'd score more than Lambert. Who turns with the speed of a ferry. And is now being paid a huge sum of money when he hasn't got the legs any more.

I always liked le fondre. I reckon he could do ok given a good amount of games.

Le Fondre's recent record is poor but so are our strikers.

I like zohore though.

He'd score more than Lambert. Who turns with the speed of a ferry. And is now being paid a huge sum of money when he hasn't got the legs any more.

I like zohore though.
    He scored three times for us in 23 appearances 3 years ago (must've been away games because I don't remember any of them)
    Since he's been out on loan he's played 52 games and scored 12.

The only good thing about him is that his contract is up at the end of this season

He scored three times for us in 23 appearances 3 years ago (must've been away games because I don't remember any of them)

The only good thing about him is that his contract is up at the end of this season
    The majority of those were as a sub for us. Add him to the list of strikers not given a chance like corn dog.

Burgstaller I was saying at the time it was a mistake and people went on saying he awful, based on 3 appearances. And those were as a sub, I think.

Le Fondre Appearances (goals)

2007–2009 Rochdale 96 (34)
    2009–2011 Rotherham United 96 (54)
    2011–2014 Reading 104 (39)

He knows where the net is.

I'm not saying he is that good just what are our options.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 25-01-17 at 14:16.

I remember his goals for us - a deflected shot from about ten yards against Ipswich which may well have been an own goal and he scored home and away against Watford - both the type of typical striker's goals from close in you'd hope a good one would manage twelve to fifteen times a season.

I like zohore though.
    Lambert has scored 4 in 15. Le Fondre scored 2 in 23. Since the start of last season he's scored 4 in 35. He's washed up. Le Fondre is being paid a huge some of money, that we're not paying all of.

I remember ALF's goals, two tap ins and a deflection. He constantly whined about us after he'd left, forgetting he'd missed two open goals. He's not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I remember his goals for us - a deflected shot from about ten yards against Ipswich which may well have been an own goal and he scored home and away against Watford - both the type of typical striker's goals from close in you'd hope a good one would manage twelve to fifteen times a season.
    He actually looked like a football player though.

The majority of those were as a sub for us. Add him to the list of strikers not given a chance like corn dog.

Burgstaller I was saying at the time it was a mistake and people went on saying he awful, based on 3 appearances. And those were as a sub, I think.

Le Fondre Appearances (goals)

2007–2009 Rochdale 96 (34)
    2009–2011 Rotherham United 96 (54)
    2011–2014 Reading 104 (39)

I'm not saying he is that good just what are our options.
    Le Fondre made 19 starts, and 4 sub appearances. He was crap for us, and that's all that matters. It doesn't matter if we let someone go and they turn out to be brilliant, or had a good player and they were rubbish for us, if they're no good for us, it doesn't matter. In Le Fondre's case, he was terrible for us, and a spell at Bolton apart, he's been terrible since.

Burgstaller presumably didn't want to be here. He came for OGS, who didn't play him, and was probably bad apples that Slade got rid of. I know for a fact that some of the OGS signings only came for him, and then stopped trying when they found out he was useless or when he left. Some of this may be down to the fact that Slade was uninspiring but either way, it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He actually looked like a football player though.
    He did but he couldn't score. I thought he worked hard but things just didn't go for him. I hold no ill will to him for his application but he couldn't buy a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He did but he couldn't score. I thought he worked hard but things just didn't go for him. I hold no ill will to him for his application but he couldn't buy a goal.
    I felt sorry for him, yep he couldnt buy a goal. Sometimes its just time for them to try elsewhere.

Yes he does, it's in 2009

Yes he does, it's in 2009
    Rickie lambert is on 25k a week and frankly he is turgid.

Sell him to china then bring back Le Fondre.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Can we recall Saadi

Just asking like.
    Think he has one more year on his Cardiff contract after this one. From a financial viewpoint, it makes sense that we leave him where he is. We would probably have to offload Fred or Rickie to make it worth our while to bring him back for the remainder of this season. Pity really, I'd like to see him given a go under Warnock.

Rickie lambert is on 25k a week and frankly he is turgid.

Sell him to china then bring back Le Fondre.
    Have you seen his pay slip?

Just out of interest, how much were we paying ALF?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Have you seen his pay slip?

Just out of interest, how much were we paying ALF?
    I've been trying out this new google thing, and came across the following article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33583621

"Some Bolton fans have now begun an online campaign to raise £500,000 to help their club sign the striker.

Although the current total stands at just £575...",

I've been trying out this new google thing, and came across the following article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33583621

"Some Bolton fans have now begun an online campaign to raise £500,000 to help their club sign the striker.

Although the current total stands at just £575...",
    I'd want £500 change from that!!

Shall we bring back Chopra while we are at it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Spearsy View Post
    Shall we bring back Chopra while we are at it too?
    Too late, he's going to team up with Jones at Hartlepool.

Lambert has never had the legs it's not his game. Maybe a bit of quality wide players and decent service could make a difference?

I don't think Costa would get 20 goals in our side!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Lambert has never had the legs it's not his game. Maybe a bit of quality wide players and decent service could make a difference?

I don't think Costa would get 20 goals in our side!
    Lambert never much running to his game but now his legs have completely gone, he can barely move. He's not suited to us either, granted.

Back to Saadi, I see that Blue in the Face had a thought on why we cant recall Idriss, but is that the long and the short of it then?