+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Car Hire Florida any suggestions please?

Car Hire Florida any suggestions please?

So many online sites, which are the best?

Cheers

Re: Car Hire Florida any suggestions please?

WHERE'S BLUE MATT?

Book befoRe you go. Pay here in U.K. Pounds as the dollar change rate is the wors I've ever seen it.
    Book an all inclusive package which includes all the extra insurances, full tank of petrol and take back empty.
    Use Dollar or Alamo as they are at all the major airports. Thrifty are also out there and I think they are part of Dollar.
    Get the bugges car you can afford as the smaller and mid sized Ines will inky take two suitcases in the boot, so bigger the better.

i've been going over there 3 or 4 times a year fo 20 years dye my o having a place there, which I just sold thank God . If it,s Orlando you are going to it!s more expensive than elsewhere and must be horrific cost wise now. Not wishing to put you off if course.

Ta fooking Da

Alamo Brits are consistently the cheapest ( you are s.posed to have the " brits guide book " but they never ask, the guys behind the desk do not really care, Alamo have loads and loads of codes for different groups in the US anyway

the best thing about them is that if you see the price has dropped, you can just hit the " rebook button " and you get it for the cheaper price, result

Whoever you go with beware of the sales people at the rental desks when you arrive at Orlando. They will try and get you to upgrade knowing that they do not have the car you booked and if you refuse they might well charge you unknowingly only to find add ons on your credit card bill when you get home. Thus be very careful what you sign. Also you get ripped off for renting a sat nav. If you want one - and it is useful out there - nip into Wall Mart where you can buy one for $70 - far cheaper than renting one. Also you will be asked to pre pay tolls. Don't bother as they charge a rental fee for using the service so make sure the beam thing behind the mirror is in the correct position. There is a toll booth virtually outside Orlando Int Airport. You can go through the toll without paying for the first time as the authorities know air travellers don't have change. You need to check online whether this is still the case.

I have visited Florida every year between 1993 and 2014 and have tried all of the hire companies. They are all much of a muchness. Just ensure you book the car before you go. Normally I fly with BA as I belong to their executive club so now book the car through them for convenience. The prices are competitive.