+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Latest announcement from the states

Latest announcement from the states

Just reading that the EPA is now not allowed to release any scientific data without political approval first.

It'll be time to start memorising books soon

Re: Latest announcement from the states

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Just reading that the EPA is now not allowed to release any scientific data without political approval first.

It'll be time to start memorising books soon
    Most people will question the wall, possibility of martial law in chicago! etc

But this is without doubt the weirdest thing he has proposed and done yet.

Mike Pence's attempts to destroy science..... They're on about scientists now running for office.

If this was a middle eastern country we'd talk about a dictator.

“When Isis is doing things that nobody has ever heard of since medieval times. Would I feel strongly about waterboarding. As far as I’m concerned we have to fight fire with fire.”

Trump said he asked intelligence chiefs earlier this week whether torture works. “The answer was yes, absolutely,” he said.

He added that terrorist groups “chop off the citizens’ or anybody’s heads in the Middle East, because they’re Christian or Muslim or anything else ... we have that and we’re not allowed to do anything. We’re not playing on an even field.”

Ho hum

Apparently they will now publish a weekly list of all crimes committed by undocumented immigrants in "sanctuary cities" .

Not sure what a sanctuary city is, sounds like something from judge dredd

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Apparently they will now publish a weekly list of all crimes committed by undocumented immigrants in "sanctuary cities" .

Not sure what a sanctuary city is, sounds like something from judge dredd
    They are cities who have enacted a local law protecting illegal immigrants from prosecution (for being "illegal"). In addition to this "name and shame" thing, he's also going to cut their federal funding.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    “When Isis is doing things that nobody has ever heard of since medieval times. Would I feel strongly about waterboarding. As far as I’m concerned we have to fight fire with fire.”

Trump said he asked intelligence chiefs earlier this week whether torture works. “The answer was yes, absolutely,” he said.

He added that terrorist groups “chop off the citizens’ or anybody’s heads in the Middle East, because they’re Christian or Muslim or anything else ... we have that and we’re not allowed to do anything. We’re not playing on an even field.

Ho hum
    No, because to play on an even field it would mean that we're just as bad as they are and I prefer to be able to take the higher moral ground.

Perhaps the strategy is to initially appear really extremist, then let the opposition go over the top with their criticism, thereby discrediting them somewhat when they turn out to be only mildly right wing?

Or perhaps not.

Trumps first meeting with May should be ending shortly

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-trump-cartoon

650.jpg