+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jim White

Jim White

I don't know what it is but i can't stand the guy. I think it's because of the way everything's a major drama.

Re: Jim White

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't know what it is but i can't stand the guy. I think it's because of the way everything's a major drama.
    My thoughts exactly - some might be counting down the minutes until his transfer deadline day show, but I'll give it a miss like I always do.

They sent him over to america to cover the NFL not long ago. Interviewing the biggest of stars.

Clearly didn't have a clue and it was embarrassing.

His yellow tie is in a museum!. Who cares.

"Jim White makes deadline day". Um, no he doesn't, the big deals do and he happens to be there. And he isn't entertaining.

He is typical of the Sky 'News' generation - there just isn't enough newsworthy information to satisfy one continuous channel on such a narrow subject, so they keep repeating the same story over and over like it is earth shattering news.

Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My thoughts exactly - some might be counting down the minutes until his transfer deadline day show, but I'll give it a miss like I always do.
    It won't be so dramatic this year because there are almost full fixture lists in the EPL and Championship on deadline day which ends at 11pm. I'm imagining that there won't be many last minute deals for him to salivate over

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He is typical of the Sky 'News' generation - there just isn't enough newsworthy information to satisfy one continuous channel on such a narrow subject, so they keep repeating the same story over and over like it is earth shattering news.

Boring.
    Are you complaining that watching a rolling news channel is boring and repetitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Are you complaining that watching a rolling news channel is boring and repetitive?
    Oh yeah........

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I find transfer deadline day is an absolute borefest anyway.
    Sky's "breaking news" would've been all over the internet hours before and "Sky sources" are about as believable as VT saying his favourite colour is blue.

He's on talksport in the mornings and he's exactly the same on there as he is on deadline day. He goes through me.

Why does he have to SHOUT all the time?

He's on talksport in the mornings and he's exactly the same on there as he is on deadline day. He goes through me.
    Was absolutely gutted he took over from Colin Murray, the two mikes should've had that slot. I can't stand the pre Madonna jock **** he talks nonsense all day yet is treated like the Messiah on sly sports

Wasn't he the one who did the Sky Sports interview with Vincent Tan? Invited on to VT's super yacht and " forgot" to ask any questions which could be regarded as in any way searching or critical. Was more like a promotional video than an interview

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Wasn't he the one who did the Sky Sports interview with Vincent Tan? Invited on to VT's super yacht and " forgot" to ask any questions which could be regarded as in any way searching or critical. Was more like a promotional video than an interview
    It was a poor interview-he was awful-'yes sir no sir' Mr Tan!!!!

My memory is a bit sketchy but i believe it was. He's always the same and never ever does anything other than arse kiss the "best league in the world".

Liverpool are the latest club in "crisis" this morning. I bet the fans of Coventry, Notts County etc are weeping for them!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Was absolutely gutted he took over from Colin Murray, the two mikes should've had that slot. I can't stand the pre Madonna jock **** he talks nonsense all day yet is treated like the Messiah on sly sports
    The Two Mikes are comedy gold mate

It definitely was him, he just wanted a jolly and was fawning over Tan. It was cringeworthy in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    People are going to have a feel day when they see this beaut!!

The Two Mikes are comedy gold mate
    It took me a while to understand that show tbh, but driving around late one night I persevered with it, and it then made sense and now cracks me up.

They're both brilliant at their roles and both very quick as they bounce back at each other. Three hours of humourous arguing is very difficult to pull off!

Porky's 'mmmmm' every time he gets pulled up creases me, but he never loses track of where he is

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    It took me a while to understand that show tbh, but driving around late one night I persevered with it, and it then made sense and now cracks me up.

They're both brilliant at their roles and both very quick as they bounce back at each other. Three hours of humourous arguing is very difficult to pull off!

Porky's 'mmmmm' every time he gets pulled up creases me, but he never loses track of where he is
    They are a fantastic double act. They make a long drive fly by

****ing awful presenter. especially on radio

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Boring.

Totally agree. Thank goodness for Jeff..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Why does he have to SHOUT all the time?
    Quite.

Maybe he thinks that it makes a terminal dull subject interesting in some way?

Vincent most probably had a list of all the questions he was going to be asked beforehand. Decided he would pick and choose the questions which suited him.

He is symptomatic of why I no longer subscribe to SKY. Its all hype and no substance.