+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neither A Borrower Nor A Lender Be

Neither A Borrower Nor A Lender Be

For some strange reason, in the early hours of this morning it occurred to me that my DVD collection is missing the 'Shogun' TV series that was aired in the seventies (and which was very close to the book and less cheesy than most things aired on prime-time TV in those days). I purchased it after reading the eponymous book and after becoming greatly interested in things Japanese a number of years back.

Racking my brain, I can't remember who I lent it to but I confess that I have a DVD lent to me around 10 years ago and a book (from a different individual) around 30 years ago. I had no intention of hanging on to someone else's property but after a while it becomes just too embarrassing to flag up that one has held onto things for so long.

What items do you have that you should have returned a long time ago?

Re: Neither A Borrower Nor A Lender Be

A red scarf

I lent my Queen - Greatest Flix video to my mate in 1988. He died suddely a week later. Still not had it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I lent my Queen - Greatest Flix video to my mate in 1988. He died suddely a week later. Still not had it back.
    Who wants to live forever?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Right Fred's Dead?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He was gone in a flash.

Banned

I borrowed 50 quid off my mate 10 years ago when he was pissed. He has never brought it up so I haven't given it back.

I lent a Tacchini Polo top from Olympus Sports in 1983 and never gave it back.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I lent a Tacchini Polo top from Olympus Sports in 1983 and never gave it back.
    Borrowed from. In before Bluetit.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Borrowed from. In before Bluetit.
    Yours and Tits glass houses have both had a bit of a stoning over the years Taunton.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Yours and Tits glass houses have both had a bit of a stoning over the years Taunton.
    That explains why my marrows are so underdeveloped.

I had a White label 12" lil louis french kiss, from a Record shop in Ibiza in the end of the summer in '89, I guess someone had been given it and sold it on ?? ? i had heard it played at Ku and Es paradis that year ( but not overly, that would become 1990 ) , so i had to find it, and find it i did ( people who were in the club scene back then will know what a song it was )

anyways, it wasnt till the next year that it was getting bigger, as it happens, it was the soundtrack song of 1990

I included it in my record box and played it occasionally on DJ sets i did ( nothing too serious )

anyways, a mate of mine had a few 12"'s of me to record a set to play in the van, he returned them and all was good

many many year later while sorting out my stuff in my mums house i decide to give the decks a whirl again, pull out french kiss and its the LP version of war of the fooking worlds, contact old mate, who had moved and thus i am left without the soundtrack of 1990's

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    I borrowed 50 quid off my mate 10 years ago when he was pissed. He has never brought it up so I haven't given it back.
    What a c@nt!

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    This has happened with me.

People think others totally forget. They don't. A dark stain on your character!.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    This has happened with me.

People think others totally forget. They don't. A dark stain on your character!.
    It's OK if he knows.
    He's one of them that talks you to death in the pub.
    As far as I'm concerned he's paid for my valuable time.

I lent my mate 50 quid 10 years ago in the Master Mariner pub one night. I think he's forgotton about it.

Prick.

Feedback

the wife's heart. the witch

My altern 8 tape still ain't turned up

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I lent my mate 50 quid 10 years ago in the Master Mariner pub one night. I think he's forgotton about it.

Prick.
    Sounds a right wan ker to me mate.