+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA LA LAND Award after award But dont be taken in.

Re: LA LA LAND Award after award But dont be taken in.

My wife said she fancies watching it

Hmmmmm T2 or this

its a no-brainer really

It hasn't won a single Oscar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    OK , I know it was my own fault . Always liked Ryan Gosling movies, usually plays the moody part bad guy part good guy.
    So when I see he has a movie out that is mopping up all the awards, what is there to check out , it mentions musical in the reviews, cant be a musical musical because its Ryan bad boy Gosling.

Last weekend, myself and my partner duly toddles of the the odeon ,gets comfy and so it began .

Opening scene , people in a traffic jam on the freeway. Gosling gets out his car and bursts into song , everyone else gets out their car and bursts into song , at this point my girlfriend looks at me as if to say WTF. Dont worry I think its Ryan Gosling , any minute now he will be involved in some serious acting that will be thought provoking , sad and happy all rolled into one.
    After an hour of watching him sing and dance his way through the film (and ****ing tap dance FFS) we had to evacuate the building.
    Its a musical like the sound of music , no its worse than the sound of music . Its terrible.
    If you like musicals fill yer boots. I hated it.
    Thank god for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Not seen it yet but I will, but this is probably the reason its been nominated so highly, Hollywood loves celebrating Hollywood.
    I may hate it as not a huge fan of musicals but, Emma Stone..
    Indeed Sir!
    Up until recently, I used to occasionally work with a woman (who must have been in her 30's) who was not just a lookalike, but an absolute doppelganger of Ms Stone
    She used to make my thingy go funny.

I just gave it a go, lasted 40mins. All very well singing and a dancing but there was no effing plot. Nice scenery etc but slower than Morrison in concrete wellies. Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I just gave it a go, lasted 40mins. All very well singing and a dancing but there was no effing plot. Nice scenery etc but slower than Morrison in concrete wellies. Not for me.
    I did warn you.

I didnt enjoy it. Fences was excellent though.

I tried it, enjoyed the first 20 or so minutes, had to give up around the hour mark.
    Even with Emma Stone, its just really dull.
    I understand the awards noms as its a film in love with Hollywood, but I don't get the fawning critical response at all.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post