+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scary, but, honestly, is anyone surprised by this?

Blog Entries

Re: Scary, but, honestly, is anyone surprised by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/TheProjectT...1/?pnref=story

You don't need a Facebook account to watch this.
    Wow, he has been busy, I wonder how many people he has angered by those decisions? Pressure from above, pressure from below comes to mind, I bet Soros diary is pretty full.

Got to love "Alternative facts"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Wow, he has been busy, I wonder how many people he has angered by those decisions? Pressure from above, pressure from below comes to mind, I bet Soros diary is pretty full.

God bless the snowflakes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    God bless the snowflakes
    Find a safe space before the avalanche.

Find a safe space before the avalanche.
    I'll blame the avalanche on global warming!

Blog Entries

I'll blame the avalanche on global warming!
    "Alternative facts"

If you stare at the abyss for too long....

Some on here are apparently so worried about the threat of increasing globalisation that they now see a new rise of nationalism as a positive force and one that will lead to greater peace.
    Does anyone really think that cosying up to the likes of erdogan will have a good outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Some on here are apparently so worried about the threat of increasing globalisation that they now see a new rise of nationalism as a positive force and one that will lead to greater peace.
    Does anyone really think that cosying up to the likes of erdogan will have a good outcome?
    Globalisation would result in a new type of "serfdom", you just can't see it yet How could the possibility of the world's entire population being under the control of a few oligarchs end well?

Blog Entries

Who said it was a positive force?

Globalisation would result in a new type of "serfdom", you just can't see it yet How could the possibility of the world's entire population being under the control of a few oligarchs end well?
    Globalisation WOULD result in a new type of serfdom?
    You seem very sure of that statement? I suppose you've got a copy of the globalist handbook.

You're probably right, we are much better off going down the old nationalism route again, I mean I know that all went tits up last time, but you reckon we are all going to be serfs if we dont, so is probably worth the risk right?

Who needs facts, whether alternative or otherwise? People believe what they want to believe, always have always will.

Globalisation WOULD result in a new type of serfdom?
    You seem very sure of that statement? I suppose you've got a copy of the globalist handbook.

You're probably right, we are much better off going down the old nationalism route again, I mean I know that all went tits up last time, but you reckon we are all going to be serfs if we dont, so is probably worth the risk right?
    Normal citizens don't start wars, it's the bankers and that lot who gain the most, and they would also be the winners in a globalised world, where the newly globalised citizens would have no rights, only central control.

BTW you don't need a copy of the globalist handbook, just a knowledge of history.

Blog Entries

Who needs facts, whether alternative or otherwise? People believe what they want to believe, always have always will.
    What can you do, eh?

What can you do, eh?
    Go to Breitbart...

Blog Entries

Go to Breitbart...
    I don't go to any side, either way it's helping tptb, I'm a jaywalker.

If only Trump was focusing on jobs and trade! "America first" can sound like a great soundbite for any politician from that country, but when this President uses the term, it has all sorts of negative connotations for trading partners. other races, other religions and certain cities within that country.

It really should come as no surprise that the new leader of the USA, should make it clear America comes first - do you think the Chinese, Russians or anyone else is going to be shocked by that. What do you want him to say - let's continue to be the world's doormat, by allowing all and sundry into the country and by allowing fellow NATO members pay a disproportionately low amount for decades.

I have made my feelings about the man clear on here for months now, but looking at it from as neutral a position as I can manage, one thing Trump is not, and will never be, is some sort of great unifier or reconciler.

Bob, that is impossible for you to do. You cannot be neutral in any way about Trump as you are very, very heavily biased against him

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    If only Trump was focusing on jobs and trade! "America first" can sound like a great soundbite for any politician from that country, but when this President uses the term, it has all sorts of negative connotations for trading partners. other races, other religions and certain cities within that country.

It really should come as no surprise that the new leader of the USA, should make it clear America comes first - do you think the Chinese, Russians or anyone else is going to be shocked by that. What do you want him to say - let's continue to be the world's doormat, by allowing all and sundry into the country and by allowing fellow NATO members pay a disproportionately low amount for decades.

I have made my feelings about the man clear on here for months now, but looking at it from as neutral a position as I can manage, one thing Trump is not, and will never be, is some sort of great unifier or reconciler.

Bob, that is impossible for you to do. You cannot be neutral in any way about Trump as you are very, very heavily biased against him
    How sure are you that your view is neutral?

How sure are you that your view is neutral?
    What has that got to do with Bob having a very heavily biased opinion of Trump?

I try to see both sides of an argument before making a decision. I'm no fan of Trump, but out of two exceptionally poor candidates, I'm glad he got in instead of Clinton.

What has that got to do with Bob having a very heavily biased opinion of Trump?

I try to see both sides of an argument before making a decision. I'm no fan of Trump, but out of two exceptionally poor candidates, I'm glad he got in instead of Clinton.
    It is possible that The Other Bob Wilson started off with an "unbiased" viewpoint of Trump and has come to an opinion that you see as being "heavily biased", but one that he would argue he has come to after consideration of the facts.

Your second paragraph indicates you are not completely unbiased, with your preference for Trump over Clinton compromising that.

Just my opinion. I'm completely neutral about you, but that can be changed with a trade deal.

It is possible that The Other Bob Wilson started off with an "unbiased" viewpoint of Trump and has come to an opinion that you see as being "heavily biased", but one that he would argue he has come to after consideration of the facts.

Your second paragraph indicates you are not completely unbiased, with your preference for Trump over Clinton compromising that.

Just my opinion. I'm completely neutral about you, but that can be changed with a trade deal.
    Bob has made it clear his feelings/opinions about Trump, so his bias is clear in his opinions.

Thank you Kris for your neutrality.

It's quite an interesting point about the difference between an opinion and a bias.

My preference for Trump over Clinton was based on the facts that shaped my opinion of Clinton. The facts that I knew of about Trump made him (in my opinion) not an ideal choice. He was the lesser of two poor choices.

That said, despite my dislike of the man, he has been vilified as being worse than Osama Bin Laden or Pol Pot.

It was NOT Trump who got the US involved in Syria. Where were the marches against Obama ?

Trump for all his faults, is trying to safeguard his own country (which he is every right to do). Putin is doing the same (where are the marches against him and Russia?)

He is trying to improve relations with Russia, which surely has to be a good thing.

He is wanting to get out of the middle east, which surely has to be a good thing.

He is trying to do a lot of good and there will be things that I disagree with. That's life, no one will agree with everything that another does or says.

What is disingenuous and biased is disagreeing with everything that someone does, or disagreeing with them just because of who that person is when a previous regime did the same without question.

Yes, you're right, I'm allowing my dislike of the man to mask the fact that he's an obvious unifier and reconciler .

Whatever anyone's opinion of Trump are, it should be blindingly obvious that he's not a unifier or reconciler - he's marmite, his followers are prepared to forgive him so much, so he must have a charisma of sorts I suppose and yet there are others, like me, who look at him and think "how on earth?". He's the most divisive American politician I've seen and, if by some chance, I turn out to be wrong about him, there are going to be millions, if not billions, the world over who will also have completely misjudged him.

As for yourself, you may say you dislike him, but what do they say about men who protesteth too much?

Not true I'm afraid - didn't like the man from the first time I saw him, but I've thought that first of all about plenty of others who won me around in the end. The trouble is, every time Trump opens his mouth something comes out to prove to me that my initial opinion of him was a correct one.