+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boris gives Assad the thumbs up

Boris gives Assad the thumbs up

Re: Boris gives Assad the thumbs up

Talking of Russia, Boris also said Moscow had to be engaged. “We cannot endlessly push them away and demonise them.”

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Like with most wars - post war there is a power vacuum, so in this case it is being filled by Turkey and Russia (and Iran - which is worrying).

Russia did all the heavy lifting here and so will be looking to be part of the cease fire and post war effort. Mainly as they want a port in the Med I would think as well as flexing their military muscle. whereas all we really want in the 'west' is peace in that region, an end to ISIS and some where all the migrants can one day go home to.

Syria needs to be split into smaller regions based on the various 'tribal' groups in that area. Maybe we could even give ISIS the Islamic caliphate they so dream of - 100 square miles in the middle of Syria should do it. Then anyone wishing to go there, can go there as they prepare for the end of the world etc.

Now that that is sorted - I need to work.
    So nothing to do with Trump calling the shots then, you reckon Boris just had an epiphany?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So nothing to do with Trump calling the shots then, you reckon Boris just had an epiphany?
    No, if you listen to May's speach it talks about a cessation of over throwing regimes in an attempt to impose western ideals.

I think Trump thinks the same so let them have Syria and its tribal chaos, keep your real allies close i.e. Israel , Saudis , Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Egypt, Jordan, enough wealth and influences there for USA and UK.

Talking of Russia, years ago I went out with a Russian girl and when we moved into a house together she spent 10 hours hoovering the stairs... Turns out she wasn't Russian, She was a slo-vak.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Talking of Russia, years ago I went out with a Russian girl and when we moved into a house together she spent 10 hours hoovering the stairs... Turns out she wasn't Russian, She was a slo-vak.

Probably hungary too

Did you pay her by Czech?

^^ Only after she had finished the polish.

Blue in the Face

Are your flat's problems with Mold ova?

(I had a joke that wasn't shit but it was way too racist)