+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Craig Bellamy to come out of retirement for SuperKev

Craig Bellamy to come out of retirement for SuperKev

Craig Bellamy is coming out of retirement to play again at Cardiff City Stadium.

The former Wales captain has committed to Kevin McNaughton’s benefit match on Sunday, March 26 (3pm).
    Bellamy joins Robbie Fowler, Stephen McPhail, Darren Purse, Jay Bothroyd, Michael Chopra, Paul Parry and Steve Thompson in confirming they will all be back to honour ‘SuperKev’.

McNaughton is lining up many other former team-mates who will join him in Cardiff.

“I can’t wait to play at Cardiff City Stadium again and run out in front of those passionate Bluebirds fans again,” says McNaughton, who will be revealing more names of players returning to honour him over the next few weeks.

Bellamy, who ended his playing career with the Bluebirds in 2014 and made almost 100 appearances during two spells with the club, is back with the club as their player development manager.

He helped Cardiff earn promotion to the Premier League for the first time and played in the top flight for his home city club.

Kevin’s XI will take on a ‘rest of the World’ team at Cardiff City Stadium on March 26 and both will be selected by McNaughton.

The full line-up is set to be revealed over the next few weeks.

Tickets are on sale from the Cardiff City Ticket Office now, with an early-bird option available.

Early-Bird (for tickets purchased prior to match-day)

Adults £10; Concessions (seniors, 16-21yrs plus students 25 and under) £8; Juniors (U16) £3
    Match day price: Adults £12; Concessions (seniors, 16-21yrs plus students 25 and under) £10; Juniors (U16) £5.

Supporters wishing to ask Kevin's committee any questions relating to the game can do so by emailing SuperKev@violafc.com

Re: Craig Bellamy to come out of retirement for SuperKev

Looking at the eticketing page for this, a lot of the ground is showing no availability. I'm guessing they've onlyopened certain areas of the stadium for this?

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Looking at the eticketing page for this, a lot of the ground is showing no availability. I'm guessing they've onlyopened certain areas of the stadium for this?
    Yes, only about 1000 tickets have been sold so far

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Yes, only about 1000 tickets have been sold so far
    Not great so far then, having said that I've not got mine yet but will be going, probably many others in the same boat. Hope the club ramp up the piblicity for it soon to make sure there's a good turn out!

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Not great so far then, having said that I've not got mine yet but will be going, probably many others in the same boat. Hope the club ramp up the piblicity for it soon to make sure there's a good turn out!
    I know people who are going who have yet to purchase

Early doors. Will hopefully be well supported. I've been waiting to see if there was any remote chance of getting Ireland tickets. That's not happening.

Yep - I'm intending to go too. Hadn't realised it had gone on sale yet so not surprised not many others know either

I'm intending to go but have only just seen this.

I wonder what reception Fowler will get? This may very well be his best display in a Cardiff shirt.