+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Orwell’s ‘1984’ Is Suddenly a Best-Seller

Blog Entries

George Orwell’s ‘1984’ Is Suddenly a Best-Seller

Re: George Orwell’s ‘1984’ Is Suddenly a Best-Seller

If only people had read it in 1984 when Maggie and Ronnie were weaving their magic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If only people had read it in 1984 when Maggie and Ronnie were weaving their magic
    If only we had done a lot of things

I'm re-reading 1984. It is an attack on totalitarianism and the mind-control that goes hand-in-hand with that form of control. I'm at the bit where Winston is reading Goldstein's book, which is very revealing both to Winston about his world and to the reader about Orwell's analysis of his world in 1948.

"The two aims of the Party are to conquer the whole surface of the earth and to extinguish once and for all the possibility of independent thought."

Does that sound more like the Clinton/Globalist camp, or the Trump/Nationalist camp?

I know that conspiracy theorists like Coleman and Icke have been saying this about the Globalists for decades, but for the Globalists (NY Times) to release "news" items that imply that a Trump presidency will bring us a 1984-like world seems to be the opposite of reality.

It is the Globalists who want to conquer the world and, with the tool of political correctness, extinguish once and for all the possibility of independent thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I'm re-reading 1984. It is an attack on totalitarianism and the mind-control that goes hand-in-hand with that form of control. I'm at the bit where Winston is reading Goldstein's book, which is very revealing both to Winston about his world and to the reader about Orwell's analysis of his world in 1948.

"The two aims of the Party are to conquer the whole surface of the earth and to extinguish once and for all the possibility of independent thought."

Does that sound more like the Clinton/Globalist camp, or the Trump/Nationalist camp?

I know that conspiracy theorists like Coleman and Icke have been saying this about the Globalists for decades, but for the Globalists (NY Times) to release "news" items that imply that a Trump presidency will bring us a 1984-like world seems to be the opposite of reality.

It is the Globalists who want to conquer the world and, with the tool of political correctness, extinguish once and for all the possibility of independent thought.
    Trump has the ability to push people over the edge, how long has he been in charge now? people are already taking to the streets, now they are setting people off against each other, that's what the controlled opposition are for, they could bring on their own doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Trump has the ability to push people over the edge, how long has he been in charge now? people are already taking to the streets, now they are setting people off against each other, that's what the controlled opposition are for, they could bring on their own doom.
    It would have been much easier if they had just made Clinton the president in the first place. Trump is going to screw up their plans for a new world order

Blog Entries

It would have been much easier if they had just made Clinton the president in the first place. Trump is going to screw up their plans for a new world order
    I don't think he will

I don't think he will
    He already has

Blog Entries

He already has
    Did you answer this before or after reading my pm?

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post

I recommend that you read "We" too.

Blog Entries

Blue in the Face

George Orwell’s ‘1984’ Is Suddenly a Best-Seller
    Yeah but now it's been moved to the "Health, Familly & Lifestyle" section