+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Same Old Same Old

Same Old Same Old

Teams on TV in the FA Cup.

Surely it would have been more of a benefit to the lesser Clubs to have shown, for example
    Lincoln v Brighton or Oxford v Newcastle.

BBC, ITV, sky and BT are all the same let's show the same Teams week in week out, they all moan the competition is losing its glamour, no wonder why.

It stinks.

Re: Same Old Same Old

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Surely it would have been more of a benefit to the lesser Clubs to have shown, for example

BBC, ITV, sky and BT are all the same let's show the same Teams week in week out, they all moan the competition is losing its glamour, no wonder why.

It stinks.
    Unfortunately the BBC get bigger viewing number when one of the big clubs play on its channels whilst i would agree that i might prefer to watch Oxford vs Newcastle over Manchester United reserves playing Wigan, more people from the UK will tune into the Manchester United match.

When the BBC then has to justify its outlay to show these live matches, viewing figures are king.

I though Leicester Derby was an excellent choice of games to show live. BBC typically do try to show one FA Cup fixture that football fans will want to see and then another that will draw in the big viewing figures, although Liverpool Wolves was surely more appetising that Man United beat Wigan?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Or maybe Millwall v Watford?