+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hoilett hopeless again - needs a rest.....

Hoilett hopeless again - needs a rest.....

Maybe until June

Re: Hoilett hopeless again - needs a rest.....

What are the bloody options. As i have just posted we are threadbare up top. At least he has experience and has more chance of scoring than the useless strikers we have. Worst strikers I have known at City for many years.

No one probably the only option but he has proved time and again for the last couple of seasons he isn't a great one.
    Hoilett did look a bit laboured, certainly since his first few games for us. Maybe he has been sussed or maybe he just needs a rest.

Hoillet is the only player in our team (squad even) with any morsel of attacking flair. When this happens it is inevitable he will become ineffective as 1) opposition teams suss this out and double up
    2) there is nobody to share the burden with

I have seen enough in Hoillet to suggest that he is a very good player but unless Warnock becomes a bit more adventurous we will never see the best of him.

He's started 16 games for us and been taken off in 10 of them. Mind you Halford has started 3 and been taken off in every one. Bamba however hasn't been subbed but just gives a goal away in every game!

We miss Pilkington when he's not there. I like him at no 10, he's our top scorer by a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We miss Pilkington when he's not there. I like him at no 10, he's our top scorer by a long way.
    Says a lot about the shape of our team.