+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Negative

Negative

That was an awful starting 11 today. We played 5 at the back (Peltier couldn't offer anything going forward against an u14 team and Jazz Richards cant defend or attack)

In midfield we had Gunnarsson and Ralls who offer nothing going forward other than a long throw!

Then we had a tired looking Hoilett playing behind the Zohore and Healy.

I think it's easy to blame our strikers for not scoring but the lack of creativity (and attacking ambition from the manager) at the moment is worrying.

Re: Negative

All we done today was just aimlessly hoof the ball up the pitch

I didn't think reading were any better than us

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    All we done today was just aimlessly hoof the ball up the pitch
    Yet we managed 17 shots to their 8

A moan for the sake of it. Ralls and Gunnarsson were fine today.

Thought we could and should have something out of the game

IMG_20170128_192901.jpg

That suggests we deserved something.
    Reading seem to have been rolling sizes all season though

Ralls and Gunnar dominated the middle.
    Morrison, Bamba and Peltier all had the better of their battles

sounds like we should have had a draw at least

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    IMG_20170128_192901.jpg

That suggests we deserved something.
    Reading seem to have been rolling sizes all season though
    We have. Plenty of wins in games that could easily gone the other way but it keeps happening.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That was an awful starting 11 today. We played 5 at the back (Peltier couldn't offer anything going forward against an u14 team and Jazz Richards cant defend or attack)

In midfield we had Gunnarsson and Ralls who offer nothing going forward other than a long throw!

Then we had a tired looking Hoilett playing behind the Zohore and Healy.

I think it's easy to blame our strikers for not scoring but the lack of creativity (and attacking ambition from the manager) at the moment is worrying.
    Is Warnock finding a place in the side for Halford?! He's terrible & one of his signings so he must be in my opinion. O'Keefe is much better there. I agree with you, too negative and we're setting up not to lose rather than trying to go for the win.

Once again i answer that i don't need stats to dictate to me how well we did or didnt play cos i watched the game.

I agreed with Warnock about the Burton game that the pressure was on us and 3 points were essential in whatever the manner we achieved it.

However the last two games have been free games as far as I'm concerned and a chance to take the game to sides who desperately need the points.

My argument is not against Ralls and Gunnarsson, my argument is that you cannot play 3 centre backs with Gunnarsson and Ralls in front of them if you have Peltier and Jazz as full backs who don't even attempt to support the front 3.

We are toothless at present and i believe the tactical approach of Warnock isn't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Is Warnock finding a place in the side for Halford?! He's terrible & one of his signings so he must be in my opinion. O'Keefe is much better there. I agree with you, too negative and we're setting up not to lose rather than trying to go for the win.
    The way Halford tackles is like a Sunday league player. He is always square and out of shape when facing an attacking player. He's another Revell at the moment.

agree with team selection but we looked better balance today, Peltier should be in the back 3 with Richards at right back. Bennett or John on the left or maybe Noone. Ralls dead ball delivering was poor so get Witts in the team. Still need a striker to score the goals as Zohore doesnt see capable of scoring?