+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We desperately need at least one striker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We desperately need at least one striker

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If we're going to be a top team then the focus needs to be on both areas of the pitch rather than just one.
    No doubt. I've just been of the opinion for a long time that strikers aren't our main issue, creating chances for them is.

I'd like to see Whittingham play when Healey does. From watching the game yesterday he instinctively knows the runs to make, sort of Chopra-esque, I reckon Whitts could pick him out and put him through regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    No doubt. I've just been of the opinion for a long time that strikers aren't our main issue, creating chances for them is.

I'd like to see Whittingham play when Healey does. From watching the game yesterday he instinctively knows the runs to make, sort of Chopra-esque, I reckon Whitts could pick him out and put him through regularly.
    Speaking of Chops, we are so far away from a Thompson/Chops/McPhail partnership where hardwork is matched by creativity is matched by goal-scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Speaking of Chops, we are so far away from a Thompson/Chops/McPhail partnership where hardwork is matched by creativity is matched by goal-scoring.
    I dunno , Thompson was painfully slow when chasing or running with the ball, oor Rickie(the shuffle) makes Thompson look like Usain Bolt.

Good to see McPhail gets a high level of retrospective appreciation.
    I remember when he was commonly labelled McFail, regularly described as a crab and barracked as soon as he was on the ball.

But . .we were happy ;)

I'd guess Rickie is what we will have until Ohhh ..those Su-huh-mmer ... Niiiiiiiihiiiiiights..

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Good to see McPhail gets a high level of retrospective appreciation.
    I remember when he was commonly labelled McFail, regularly described as a crab and barracked as soon as he was on the ball.

But . .we were happy ;)

I'd guess Rickie is what we will have until Ohhh ..those Su-huh-mmer ... Niiiiiiiihiiiiiights..
    The criticism of MacPhail used to blow my mind. What a lovely football player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The criticism of MacPhail used to blow my mind. What a lovely football player.
    Telling he is always in the conversation when any of our players mention the best player they've played with.

good shout this. bit of pace out wide, and we are not too far away in my opinion.

Playing with fire in not signing a decent striker

IMO you're absolutely right about Whittingham. He has his weaknesses but until we bring in better he is the only midfielder capable of finding a telling pass to the strikers.