+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lou Macari

Lou Macari

Watched 'Marvellous' a couple of years ago and he came across as a top bloke in that, now he's helping to look after the homeless, fair play to him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...at-lou-9709668

Re: Lou Macari

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Watched 'Marvellous' a couple of years ago and he came across as a top bloke in that, now he's helping to look after the homeless, fair play to him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...at-lou-9709668
    He is a top man,very down to earth.

Got to speak with him many moons ago.
    He sent me a signed photo when he was manager of Celtic.
    Top Bloke!

Its good to see Macari doing this.

Mainly because of the sort of football his teams played when he was a manager and the fact that he seemed to be becoming a Man United apologist in the same way Pat Crerand is, I disliked Lou Macari for a couple of decades, but I've read a few things about him in the last few years to suggest I was wrong about him and this story just confirms it - what a great thing to do by someone who, obviously, has not forgotten where he came from.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mainly because of the sort of football his teams played when he was a manager and the fact that he seemed to be becoming a Man United apologist in the same way Pat Crerand is, I disliked Lou Macari for a couple of decades, but I've read a few things about him in the last few years to suggest I was wrong about him and this story just confirms it - what a great thing to do by someone who, obviously, has not forgotten where he came from.
    I don't think that's just your view, but I don't think many would disagree with your final point either.

Well done Lou Macari, but why the **** does he live in Stoke?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Well done Lou Macari, but why the **** does he live in Stoke?
    Even stranger than that, why the hell would you choose Stoke if you're homeless?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Even stranger than that, why the hell would you choose Stoke if you're homeless?
    I often think the same about New York. I mean, why not San Diego or Miami Beach?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post

This is actually a fair point.
    I assume that people get some kind of social security money or dole and have to draw it personally in the town last registered?
    If not eligible for any reason, why not hitch a lift to a nicer part of the country with nicer people? (basically anywhere north, south, east or west!)

Respect to LM by the way.

Good on you Lou Macari.